Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkest Hour

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Darkest Hour

One of the all time great actors (Gary Oldman) covering one of my all time favorite historical figures (and about damn time too!), can...not...fail. This will likely be a must see.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Oldman is fantastic, and that looks like a great movie. Right now my metric for Churchill is John Lithgow from The Crown on Netflix. But Oldman very well may change that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Oldman is fantastic, and that looks like a great movie. Right now my metric for Churchill is John Lithgow from The Crown on Netflix. But Oldman very well may change that.
    Lithgow is a first class actor and underrrated to boot. He also looks much more like Churchill, so that would add to the effect. I have not seen The Crown, but can easily imagine him setting the standard for Churchill. If I could go back in time, perhaps #1 guy I'd like to have a beer with would be Churchill.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Churchill is one of my very few heroes.

This looks good.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Lithgow is a first class actor and underrrated to boot. He also looks much more like Churchill, so that would add to the effect. I have not seen The Crown, but can easily imagine him setting the standard for Churchill. If I could go back in time, perhaps #1 guy I'd like to have a beer with would be Churchill.
    WC is one of my heroes. Few politicians could read the flavor of a crowd like him, and although he had a lot of faults, he was a leader and understood love of country.

I am not an anglophile, but my wife is, so I told her I would watch The Crown with her. I loved it. Season 2 premiers tonight (post-Churchill, so Lithgow doesn't come back). If you get a chance, watch it, if for no other reason than Lithgow's performance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    WC is one of my heroes. Few politicians could read the flavor of a crowd like him, and although he had a lot of faults, he was a leader and understood love of country.

I am not an anglophile, but my wife is, so I told her I would watch The Crown with her. I loved it. Season 2 premiers tonight (post-Churchill, so Lithgow doesn't come back). If you get a chance, watch it, if for no other reason than Lithgow's performance.
    Me either. Quite the opposite in fact. I'm actually related to the Buckingham's by way distant relatives. Personally, anything to do with "royalty" makes my skin crawl, and the term I associate with a bunch of inbred pompous idiots, usually sociopaths, regardless of the nation. Nothing is a greater barrier to Liberty and Freedom, which the Founders understood all to well. Even Washington got that when they suggested he be king, and refused.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got really tired of Oldman screaming his lines in what seemed to me like most of his movies, but at least with Churchill I doubt he will be doing that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is what I like about Gary Oldman.

He has played...

Sid Vicious
    Stansfield
    Dracula
    Zorg
    Commissioner Gordon
    The bad guy from Air Force One
    The guy from Harry Potter
    and a bunch of other people

But you don't really know who he is.......

He coulda been an OSS spy had he been born earlier

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He coulda been an OSS spy had he been born earlier
    ...or have MPD (multiple personality disorder).....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    I got really tired of Oldman screaming his lines in what seemed to me like most of his movies, but at least with Churchill I doubt he will be doing that.
    I can recall very few movies where he did that. Please supply sources. I can think of maybe two movies off the top of my head, and it worked. I find Pacino is the worst for that, yet no one seems to give him shit for it. He was about the only part of Heat I didn't really enjoy and he almost ruined that movie for me. When Pacino is on and in the right part, he's awesome, but I find he can stink of a movie really well and no one seems to mention it. Oldman, not so much....
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast