Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NRA is in deep kimchee if this can be believed

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    If you haven't done so already, I'd visit the source docs located on that RS article page. I tend to think the NRA has a case and Cuomo can't keep his mouth shut about it.

If he used government agencies to intimidate and scare private businesses into complying, they'll win that suit easily.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Which is why I asked if anyone has a direct line to some of the top people. I get most of my business based on relationships. I network and never cold call. Of course being the CEO of the only Mossad based firm in the USA, helps in a big way.
    We really need a “like” button.

My two thoughts are, IF the finances were that grave, the MSM would be running wild with this by now. Sorry, rolling stoned is not even qualified for fake news. They are the JV to the JV, and... I think there are a LOT more people like yoni that will come running IF this turns out to be true.

If the NRA really is threatened with failure, it will be a massive boost for the conservatives in the next elections. Talk about a get out the vote campaign.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not that they aren't biased but MAC is running with this and linking to a USA Today article.

Personally, I don't understand why if the NRA is about to collapse, why haven't they been begging for more money??

Through gross mismanagement and dodgy business practices like the NRA's underhanded launching of Carry Guard and then, without warning, kicking USCCA (the originals) out of NRAAM, have come back to haunt them as they're nearly in financial ruin (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/.../902918002/).*

That, and they continue to backstab gun owners by backing horrific laws such as the "red flag" laws Chris Cox recently came out in support of (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sNiklO506A).*

Karma is a bitch, and the NRA is reaping what it has sewn.*

Outside of that, we, the members, are making waves still by demanding reform. Adam Kraut has been making runs for the BoD and he has the support of many of us.*

The blight on Florida and our gun rights, Marion Hammer, calls those of us trying to salvage the NRA from total ruin the "enemy from within". She's the same "pro-gun" former NRA president and lobbyist who said the NRA never wanted us to have machine guns and has backed horrible legislation in Florida.*

We want to stop the NRA's constant surrendering of our rights and the strong arm tactics against other organizations that fight for our rights by bringing reform to the horribly mismanaged organization that is ripe with corruption. (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ory-revisited/)

Adam and many of his supporters continue to push for reform. We want to end the corruption, stop the surrendering of our rights and make the NRA our strongest advocate for our rights. Here's another news article about our collective efforts and the work Adam Kraut is doing.*

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...ra-from-within
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Not that they aren't biased but MAC is running with this and linking to a USA Today article.

Personally, I don't understand why if the NRA is about to collapse, why haven't they been begging for more money??
    The issue is not money, it's access to banking and business insurance services.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If they were in financial trouble. I would expect to see my mailbox overrun with donation begging.

Feedback Score
    For all the screaming about how Trump is trying to implement a dictator state, Cuomo comes pretty close to trying to do that with this war on the NRA. It seems that the main premise of his attack is that CarryGuard is a 'license to murder'. As if it protects you and gives you immunity from prosecution? He thinks that if you carry and gun and have this insurance, the only reason is so that you can shoot people with impunity.

Does that mean that having drivers insurance is a green light to drive drunk and kill people?

Do Doctors have medical malpractice insurance so they can screw up operations and kill people?

How convenient that the NRA is a major supporter of the party that is his opponent? How about the fact that if you carry a gun for self defense in places like NY, you are highly likely to be charged even in the case of a good shoot in self defense. So they write the laws and run the courts against your ability to defend your life- and now they want to take away you ability to defend yourself in court after the shooting.

They want you to be victimized by the assailant and if that doesn't kill you, they'll financially ruin you and try to put you in jail.

Wait a minute- isn't one of the complaints about gun owners is that they DON'T have insurance?

So Cuomo is using his office and the courts to cut off the funding of one of his major political adversaries and their supporters. Imagine if Oklahoma tried to do that with planned parenthood? Abortions and defending yourself are both legal actions.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    For all the screaming about how Trump is trying to implement a dictator state, Cuomo comes pretty close to trying to do that with this war on the NRA. It seems that the main premise of his attack is that CarryGuard is a 'license to murder'. As if it protects you and gives you immunity from prosecution? He thinks that if you carry and gun and have this insurance, the only reason is so that you can shoot people with impunity.

Does that mean that having drivers insurance is a green light to drive drunk and kill people?

Do Doctors have medical malpractice insurance so they can screw up operations and kill people?
    Exactly right.

This article sums it up nicely: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ndment-attack/

To make part of a long story short, the chairman of Lockton Insurance Brokerage confided to the NRA that "Lockton would need to “drop” the NRA — entirely — for fear of “losing [our] license” to do business in New York."

Lockton Ins brokerage was fined by the NY State Insurance commission $7 million for offering Carrysafe Ins in NY State. The state of New York claimed that Carry Guard “unlawfully provided liability insurance to gun owners for certain acts of intentional wrongdoing.” The NRA’s insurance partner, Lockton Insurance, which is an insurance broker, agreed to stop selling the policies and pay a $7 million fine.

Elsewhere I read that one of the conditions was that Lockton was to cease doing business with the NRA: From https://nypost.com/2018/08/03/nra-sa...e-of-collapse/ "A state agency told insurers to cut ties with the association and slapped a $7 million fine on NRA insurance broker Lockton Companies."

Telling the insurers to cut ties with the NRA seems to me to be outside of the scope of regulatory powers of the NY State Insurance commission--especially when it applies to any activities that take place out of NY State.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234