Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA is in deep kimchee if this can be believed

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have successfully isolated myself from the NRA solicitation machinery but it's hard to believe that such a dire event wouldn't be used by the NRA for a massively ramped-up donation campaign and associated publicity.
    Last edited by Hmac; 08-04-18 at 09:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seems to me the NRA should do a couple of things here, 1. Get out of the insurance business.. that was a mistake from day one."Carry Guard"or what ever they call it was/is lousy, period. 2. Drop the lawsuits, the state of New York will string this along for as long as it takes, they have way more money than the NRA does, as this whole thing is designed from the ground up to drain the NRA of money, it was a trap, and they walked right into it.. 3. Move NRA headquarters to some place more friendly, the east coast of this country is turning into a commie shithole, let's get serious they have little support in the Washington DC area.. 4. Seriously consider getting rid of Ollie North as NRA president, making him NRA president was a stupid idea, while we're at it, I think It's time to give Wayne Lapeirre the boot, too.. If the NRA does fold, there's Gun Owner Of America, I'm sure they'd be glad to step up and take the NRA's place, at least they don't get all squishy when you mention AR 15's, AK 47's etc like the NRA used to, and they seem to handle money alot better, at least they're not calling me 3-4 times a week like the NRA has been lately...
    Last edited by ralph; 08-04-18 at 10:03.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm a Life Member, but I've long felt that the NRA puts great effort into putting fear in its members & potential members. They take a threat, or potential threat, and make it seem FAR larger & more likely than it really is. I may be wrong, but for now that's how I view this story, another chapter in the "send us your money or loose your guns" book.

I do understand that there has been, are now, and will continue to be, real threats to our Second Amendment rights that would have eroded or taken away our rights without the NRA, hence my Life Membership.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    I'm a Life Member, but I've long felt that the NRA puts great effort into putting fear in its members & potential members. They take a threat, or potential threat, and make it seem FAR larger & more likely than it really is. I may be wrong, but for now that's how I view this story, another chapter in the "send us your money or loose your guns" book.

I do understand that there has been, are now, and will continue to be, real threats to our Second Amendment rights that would have eroded or taken away our rights without the NRA, hence my Life Membership.
    I think you're right..If there's one thing the NRA is really good at is fear mongering, in this case, one really,really, has to consider the source..Rolling Stone magazine..you can't get much more left-tard commie than them. If anything, the NRA has made a series of bad choices lately, and they need to make some changes to how they operate, and like I said Wayne, Ollie, and a few others need to go. I just joined GOA, they may not be as big as the NRA, but I figure it would'nt hurt to support them either..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Can anyone believe an article by the Rolling Stone?
    Ahhhh... smoking their own printer's ink again, I see.

Well I think it's mighty NICE of them to help fundraise for the NRA. Because libtards BEST-laid plans, ALWAYS have the OPPOSITE effect.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Has NRA made any press releases on this matter? Are they really that far in the red over fighting New York for insurance purposes?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I hope this is not true. Love them or hate them, they are our biggest and strongest public advocacy group.

Waiting to see if they issue a press release.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Interesting coincidence. There’s a prostest at NRA Headquarters the day this hit the news.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Seems to me the NRA should do a couple of things here, 1. Get out of the insurance business.. that was a mistake from day one."Carry Guard"or what ever they call it was/is lousy, period. 2. Drop the lawsuits, the state of New York will string this along for as long as it takes, they have way more money than the NRA does, as this whole thing is designed from the ground up to drain the NRA of money, it was a trap, and they walked right into it.. 3. Move NRA headquarters to some place more friendly, the east coast of this country is turning into a commie shithole, let's get serious they have little support in the Washington DC area.. 4. Seriously consider getting rid of Ollie North as NRA president, making him NRA president was a stupid idea, while we're at it, I think It's time to give Wayne Lapeirre the boot, too.. If the NRA does fold, there's Gun Owner Of America, I'm sure they'd be glad to step up and take the NRA's place, at least they don't get all squishy when you mention AR 15's, AK 47's etc like the NRA used to, and they seem to handle money alot better, at least they're not calling me 3-4 times a week like the NRA has been lately...
    110% agree with you. The should get out of politics and focus on guns only. Well gun politics only.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post

Yeah, for the last 6 years or so, their act has been wearing on me. Maybe there's no other way to rally a sizeable number of people, but I have to think you can only cry wolf so many times before many of those same people tune you out.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I hope this is not true. Love them or hate them, they are our biggest and strongest public advocacy group.

Waiting to see if they issue a press release.
    I'm probably stating the obvious, but that's also part of the problem. The corporation dictates what their strategy is going to be, not the members. They have enormous power to influence the future of gun rights and we're beholden to "their" (the organization) will. I like that GOA is in the fight to claw back 2A rights, but they go pretty far out in left field sometimes on the rationale for some of their positions that it kind of annoys me. Sometimes they act like caller #3 to Alex Jones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast