Flash hider
    Gas piston
    Receiver
    Lower
    Hammer
    Trigger
    Sear
    Pistol grip
    Fore end (only applicable on APC556/300 and the 308 DMR, as these have removable handguards)
    Stock
    Mag body
    Mag follower
    Mag floorplate

That puts us at 17 parts for the apc556/300 and apc308 dmr, 16 parts for the apc9/45 and apc308 carbine. If using a US fcg, there is no sear, just the hammer and trigger, so that puts us at 16 parts for the apc556/300 and apc308 dmr and 15 parts for the apc9/45 and apc308 carbine.

So using the following parts and omitting those not applicable, you’re good to go:
    Flash hider (whatever you like)
    Hammer (Geissele)
    Trigger (Geissele)
    Sear (not applicable with Geissele fcg)
    Pistol grip (Whatever you like)
    Mag body (US)
    Mag follower (US)
    Mag floorplate (US)
    So they are already compliant without having to swap anything? Or all that stuff has to be swapped for a legal SBR?
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    922(r) is very easy on the apc series.

Barrel
    Trunion
    Upper receiver
    Lower receiver
    Flash hider
    Gas piston
    Receiver
    Lower
    Hammer
    Trigger
    Sear
    Pistol grip
    Fore end (only applicable on APC556/300 and the 308 DMR, as these have removable handguards)
    Stock
    Mag body
    Mag follower
    Mag floorplate
    Uhm, maybe my lizard brain is too small to figure this one out ...?
    Last edited by MorphCross; 01-15-19 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    922(r) is very easy on the apc series.

Barrel
    Trunion
    Upper receiver
    Lower receiver
    Flash hider
    Gas piston
    Receiver
    Lower
    Hammer
    Trigger
    Sear
    Pistol grip
    Stock
    Mag body
    Mag follower
    Mag floorplate

That puts us at 17 parts for the apc556/300 and apc308 dmr, 16 parts for the apc9/45 and apc308 carbine. If using a US fcg, there is no sear, just the hammer and trigger, so that puts us at 16 parts for the apc556/300 and apc308 dmr and 15 parts for the apc9/45 and apc308 carbine.

So using the following parts and omitting those not applicable, you’re good to go:
    Flash hider (whatever you like)
    Hammer (Geissele)
    Trigger (Geissele)
    Sear (not applicable with Geissele fcg)
    Pistol grip (Whatever you like)
    Mag body (US)
    Mag follower (US)
    Mag floorplate (US)

Here's the complete list applicable to the B&T APC.
    (1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings

(2) Barrels

(3) Barrel extensions

(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)

(5) Muzzle attachments (only if removable)

(6) Bolts

(7) Bolt carriers

(8) Operating rods (cocking handle)

(9) Gas pistons (308/556 versions)

(10) Trigger housings (lower receiver)

(11) Triggers

(12) Hammers

(13) Sears

(14) Disconnectors

(15) Butt stocks

(16) Pistol grips (only if removable)

(17) Forearms, hand guards (only if removable)

(18) Magazine bodies

(19) Followers

(20) Floorplates

APC does not have a "sear" for instance and instead use a "disconnector" so subtract one required part. The APC series does have a removable charging handle, so it would count as a separate part. Forearms/handguards but obviously only if removable. Subtract one part if it doesn't have a removable flash hider. Subtract one part if the pistol grip isn't removable and part of the trigger housing.

Short list. APC 308 needs seven US parts. APC 308 DMR needs eight US parts. APC 556 needs seven US parts. APC 9 needs four US parts. APC 45 needs four US parts.

APC 308; floorplates, followers, mag body, pistol grip, buttstock, disconnector, hammer, trigger, trigger housing, piston, operating rod, bolt carrier, bolt, muzzle device, trunnion, barrel, receiver.

APC 308DMR; floorplates, followers, mag body, handguard, pistol grip, buttstock, disconnector, hammer, trigger, trigger housing, piston, operating rod, bolt carrier, bolt, muzzle device, trunnion, barrel, receiver.

APC 556; floorplates, followers, mag body, handguard, buttstock, disconnector, hammer, trigger, trigger housing, piston, operating rod, bolt carrier, bolt, muzzle device, trunnion, barrel, receiver.

APC 45; floorplates, followers, mag body, buttstock, disconnector, hammer, trigger, trigger housing, operating rod, bolt carrier, bolt, trunnion, barrel, receiver.

APC 9; floorplates, followers, mag body, buttstock, disconnector, hammer, trigger, trigger housing, operating rod, bolt carrier, bolt, trunnion, barrel, receiver.

You could get three US parts with the trigger group (hammer, trigger, disconnector). Three parts with the magazine (floorplate, mag body, follower) for the 308 and 556 versions. Add US made flash hider for the 308 and 556 versions. Would still need at least two more US parts for the 308 DMR version, one more US part for the standard 308 version, and more for the 556 version. The hard ones would be the APC 9 and APC 45 because they have proprietary magazines, so you could get three parts with the hammer/trigger/disconnector but would still need at least one more US parts to make them 922r compliant. Someone needs to make a US made B&T cocking/charging handle.

Personally I wouldn't buy one unless I had plans to make it 922r compliant given that SIG braces are likely going the way of the bump stock. So if you had to turn it into a rifle or SBR, then it would become subject to 922r.

M
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 01-17-19 at 12:03.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    HB Industries makes a charging handle for all APC guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Here's the complete list applicable to the B&T APC.
    (1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings

(2) Barrels

(3) Barrel extensions

(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)

(5) Muzzle attachments (only if removable)

(6) Bolts

(7) Bolt carriers

(8) Operating rods (cocking handle)

(9) Gas pistons (308/556 versions)

(10) Trigger housings (lower receiver)

(11) Triggers

(12) Hammers

(13) Sears

(14) Disconnectors

(15) Butt stocks

(16) Pistol grips (only if removable)

(17) Forearms, hand guards (only if removable)

(18) Magazine bodies

(19) Followers

(20) Floorplates

APC does not have a "sear" for instance and instead use a "disconnector" so subtract one required part. The APC series does have a removable charging handle, so it would count as a separate part. Forearms/handguards but obviously only if removable. Subtract one part if it doesn't have a removable flash hider. Subtract one part if the pistol grip isn't removable and part of the trigger housing.

Short list. APC 308 needs seven US parts. APC 308 DMR needs eight US parts. APC 556 needs seven US parts. APC 9 needs four US parts. APC 45 needs four US parts.

APC 308; floorplates, followers, mag body, pistol grip, buttstock, disconnector, hammer, trigger, trigger housing, piston, operating rod, bolt carrier, bolt, muzzle device, trunnion, barrel, receiver.

APC 308DMR; floorplates, followers, mag body, handguard, pistol grip, buttstock, disconnector, hammer, trigger, trigger housing, piston, operating rod, bolt carrier, bolt, muzzle device, trunnion, barrel, receiver.

APC 556; floorplates, followers, mag body, handguard, buttstock, disconnector, hammer, trigger, trigger housing, piston, operating rod, bolt carrier, bolt, muzzle device, trunnion, barrel, receiver.

APC 45; floorplates, followers, mag body, buttstock, disconnector, hammer, trigger, trigger housing, operating rod, bolt carrier, bolt, trunnion, barrel, receiver.

APC 9; floorplates, followers, mag body, buttstock, disconnector, hammer, trigger, trigger housing, operating rod, bolt carrier, bolt, trunnion, barrel, receiver.

You could get three US parts with the trigger group (hammer, trigger, disconnector). Three parts with the magazine (floorplate, mag body, follower) for the 308 and 556 versions. Add US made flash hider for the 308 and 556 versions. Would still need at least two more US parts for the 308 DMR version, one more US part for the standard 308 version, and more for the 556 version. The hard ones would be the APC 9 and APC 45 because they have proprietary magazines, so you could get three parts with the hammer/trigger/disconnector but would still need at least one more US parts to make them 922r compliant. Someone needs to make a US made B&T cocking/charging handle.

Personally I wouldn't buy one unless I had plans to make it 922r compliant given that SIG braces are likely going the way of the bump stock. So if you had to turn it into a rifle or SBR, then it would become subject to 922r.

M

I forgot the disconnector.

Actually the apc as it comes from Switzerland does have a sear. The sear surface is a separate piece attached to the trigger. But swapping to a traditional AR fcg or geissele obviates it. I also personally don’t buy into any cocking handle being an op rod. The op rod portion of 922(r) was aimed squarely at the semiauto Norinco m14. The m14 has an op rod. But, I am not aware of any ATF determination as to what parts are covered by 922(r) for the APC. In any event, it’s a moot point because a US mag, US FCG, and US muzzle device, and US pistol grip give you 8 parts (if you’re classifying the cocking handle as an op rod) to satisfy 922(r) for the APC556, APC300, and APC308 DMR. Peel off one for the 308 carbine as the handguard is integral to the receiver. Assuming the cocking handle is not an op rod, one only needs a US fcg for the standard APC9/45 and add pistol grip for the APC9 Pro.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 01-17-19 at 20:00.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I forgot the disconnector.

Actually the apc as it comes from Switzerland does have a sear. The sear surface is a separate piece attached to the trigger. But swapping to a traditional AR fcg or geissele obviates it. I also personally don’t buy into any cocking handle being an op rod. The op rod portion of 922(r) was aimed squarely at the semiauto Norinco m14. The m14 has an op rod. But, I am not aware of any ATF determination as to what parts are covered by 922(r) for the APC. In any event, it’s a moot point because a US mag, US FCG, and US muzzle device, and US pistol grip give you 8 parts (if you’re classifying the cocking handle as an op rod) to satisfy 922(r) for the APC556, APC300, and APC308 DMR. Peel off one for the 308 carbine as the handguard is integral to the receiver. Assuming the cocking handle is not an op rod, one only needs a US fcg for the standard APC9/45 and add pistol grip for the APC9 Pro.

Better to error on the side of caution until you have something in writing stating otherwise. They count the cocking handle on HK's and FAL's because they are separate parts. However another member already stated there is a US made option for the cocking handle so it's likely just a few extra bucks to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 01-17-19 at 23:43.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Long story short, 922(r) is still no issue with the APC308.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Dors anyone have trigger time yet behind either version (13 vs 18” dmr)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Long story short, 922(r) is still no issue with the APC308.
    Now to just get them to bring in 14.5" to 16" barreled "pistols" just in case the brace style stocks become outlawed and can easily make the rifles 922r compliant.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Dors anyone have trigger time yet behind either version (13 vs 18” dmr)?
    I haven’t heard much of anything about the 13”, and a little more about the 18” but not much. The number of them out there is small, and those that do have them haven’t shared much. I likely won’t shoot my 13” until the first part of March.

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Now to just get them to bring in 14.5" to 16" barreled "pistols" just in case the brace style stocks become outlawed and can easily make the rifles 922r compliant.
    I don’t plan on getting either of those unless I am unhappy with the 13” configuration.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast