Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

B&T APC308

Caliber: .308 Win (7.62x51MM)
    System: Locked rotating bolt short stroke gas piston operated rifle
    Import Configuration: Pistol
    Operation: Semi-Automatic
    Length (min/max): 24"/34.4" (611 mm / 874 mm)
    Width: 2.6" including charging handle (67 mm)
    Height: 9.25" including 20 rd. magazine and open sights (235 mm)
    Barrel Length: 13" cold hammer forged (330 mm)
    Twist Rate: 1 in 12" right hand
    Weight: 8.6 lb. including 20 rd. magazine and open sights (3.9 kg)
    Stock Pull: 14.3" (363 mm)
    Sight Length: 14.33" (364mm)
    Charging Handle: Interchangeable
    Magazine Type: SR25
    Controls: Ambidextrous
    Price: Listed at G&R Tactical (Out of Stock) at $3,225

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...bt-apc308-dmr/

B&T are releasing not only one, but two versions: One in a Carbine version and a 13″ barrel and a DMR version with a 18,9″ barrel.

With the introduction of the APC308 you can now source a B&T APC firearm with identical controls and ergonomics in all major calibers from 9×19 mm, .45 ACP to 5,56x45mm/.223 Remington, 300 Blackout/300 Whisper and up to 7,62x51mm/.308 Winchester.
    From B&T: B&T has developed what many say is our finest work. The weapon possesses all the same handling characteristic and controls as all other members of the APC-family. This will reduce transition training time to any of the other APC platforms significantly. But this will not only save time, money, energy and of course needless stress in the classroom or on the range, but also in the armory. As more than 50% of the parts throughout the APC family are the same, logistic cost are cut significantly as well as service time and costs.

The selector, magazine release, bolt handle, and bolt release are completely ambidextrous. The bolt handle can easily be changed to accommodate either left or right handed shooters. The standard stock folds to the right and can be fi red in the closed position. The operator can optimize the weapon to any mission by being able to choose any of the fi ve different stock options available.
    The upper receiver is machined from solid aerospace quality alloy. The Picatinny/NAR rails in the 12 and 6 o’clock position are machined into the receiver and are not an add on, so there is nothing to get loose and ruin the weapon’s zero. The top rail runs along the entire receiver of the weapon. This provides 420 mm of space to mount any type of optic plus additional NVD, Thermal Sights or Booster on the market. The bottom rails runs 155 mm to accommodate bipods, laser designators or handgrips.

To accommodate the different needs for a 7.62 x 51 mm (.308 Win) rifle, B&T offers two versions of the APC308:

The standard APC308 in a carbine configuration with a 330 mm barrel and the APC308 – DMR with a 480 mm barrel.

Both versions have a cold-hammer-forged barrel made in Germany. The 1:12 right hand twist rate is to accommodate the widest range of bullet weights. With match grade ammunition the APC308 will produce 1 MOA accuracy.

The barrel is threaded and is delivered with a B&T designed flash hider. This flash hider provides excellent reduction of muzzle flash and will accept the B&T Rotex-IIA suppressor. The Rotex-IIA is widely used in the world by professional users and the perfect choice for the APC308 for all kind of missions.

A selector switch in the gas block can be set to “suppressor mode“ in order to provide perfect function when using the suppressor.

The lower receiver group is a precision machined alloy.

The adaptable A2-style pistol grip is produced by Magpul and represents the latest in ergonomics and operator comfort. The weapon accepts 7.62 x 51mm Magpul SR25/M110/AR10 magazines. These are available in 10, 20 and 25-round sizes.

The selector and trigger guard are oversized to accommodate gloved hands.
    The APC308 is the perfect choice when a Police Carbine or DMR rifle with powerful and long range capable cartridge is needed.

As a member of the APC family it offers training, fighting and cost advantages like no other family of weapons on the market.

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Looks like they stole the plans for the SCAR 17!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If that thing is shooting like that at 300 from a 13” barrel, color me impressed. Looks like i may need a new .308 Semi-auto!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Grant posted that, so maybe he will drop in and enlighten us on the particulars of that pic. It is only a 3 rd. group, but still...that is more accurate than I expected.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Since this officially fell to the 2nd page of this sub-forum (most interesting to me), I thought I would bump it with some questions to hopefully get an update of some kind.

Since there are some here who actually know something about this firearm (I know who you are), why aren’t you sharing some info?

Is there not much interest in the APC308, here, in this configuration or any other?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Looks like they stole the plans for the SCAR 17!
    Nope.

C4

Feedback Score
    I would prefer it in 16 inch form.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I would prefer it in 16 inch form.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    There will be a 14.5" version that you can pin to make 16" OAL.

C4

Feedback Score
    Is the barrel diameter heavier or similar to a SCAR? Chrome lined or nitrite?

I suppose one could chop the barrel down to 16” and have it threaded to 5/8-24 for a normal Surefire FH. Who sells a Rotex B&T suppressor in 308?

I wonder why they chose a 1/12 twist. It’s fine for NATO ammo, but 175 grain SMKs like 1/10 and1/11 twists.
    Last edited by MadAngler1; 09-16-18 at 19:20. Reason: correction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast