Thread: Bringing the Surefire Millenium into the 21st Century

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Bringing the Surefire Millenium into the 21st Century

If you're like me, you probably have one or two of these lying around. The lights are tough (combat proven) but are about worthless nowadays with the incandescent lamp.

Malkoff makes a drop-in LED that's a decent option. It is about $40 and does a good job of making one of these old lights useful. Battery life is good enough and the lamp puts out something like 350 lumens. Decent but not great by current standards.

So I was curious about fitting a new modern Scout head to one of the old bodies. I talked to Gene Malkoff about this. Turns out he already makes a threaded adapter for the legacy Surefire shotgun forends that allow a Scout head to be used.

It was a completely simple manner to unscrew the old bulky Surefire head assembly and screw the adapter into the body. Now I can easily use a new Surefire head. Color doesn't match of course but that's not a big deal to me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So why bother? Why not just get a new Scout? Well, because I already have the mount, tape switch, etc for the old Millenium. Plus why not?
    Last edited by Tokarev; 08-04-18 at 10:38.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."