Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bringing the Surefire Millenium into the 21st Century

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's a cool adapter I hadn't heard of before. I own a lot of Malkoff products, and consider them a great value in the hard use category.

Another option to upgrade the M951 series is Oveready's Custom LU60 P60 Adapter. I bought one when they were first introduced. They provide a much better fit to the Malkoff M61 for heat transfer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm surprised nobody makes (or readily markets in Malkoff's case) a C to E adapter. Maybe the market is soft on something like this nowadays but I bet it would have been a popular option just a few years ago.

On a related note I see the current P60 LED drop-in has been bumped up to 425 lumens. That's probably the most cost effective thing for these old lights.

An outfit called Lumens Factory has an 800 lumen option. Don't know if they are fully potted, etc for durability.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 08-11-18 at 10:07.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree that a C to E would be great. E to C and C to M adapters have been available for years.

I read at the Candle Power Forum that Gene increased the current draw of the M61, which explains the increased output. This makes a lot of sense, since his small E-series heads have been outperforming his (standard voltage range) modules by quite a bit.
    Last edited by grizzman; 08-11-18 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess the M61 at 350 lumens was good enough compared to the M600 from just a few years ago that nobody saw a need for a C to E option. But now with 600+ lumen heads there might be some interest? Plus this route should save a tiny bit of weight by ditching the LU60 collar.

Last edited by Tokarev; 08-11-18 at 11:47.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I agree that a C to E would be great.
    I've been exchanging emails with Gene as well as Will from Arisaka Defense about these adapters.

Will sent me this email this evening:

I spoke at length with Gene yesterday. He's going to do some extra adapters for Arisaka so we can make them available to anyone looking to use Scout heads. There may be some other uses/variations as well. I guess your interest in this will end up helping some other people!

Last edited by Tokarev; 08-11-18 at 22:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's very cool.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Slippers is good people. If there’s an option from Arisaka for an integrated head/adapter I will buy the shit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I've been exchanging emails with Gene as well as Will from Arisaka Defense about these adapters.

Will sent me this email this evening:

I spoke at length with Gene yesterday. He's going to do some extra adapters for Arisaka so we can make them available to anyone looking to use Scout heads. There may be some other uses/variations as well. I guess your interest in this will end up helping some other people!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    If there’s an option for an integrated head/adapter I will buy the shit out of it.
    A one piece screw-on head that mates directly to the MH90 would be wonderful.

I guess the down side would be no way to upgrade the light later on down the road with a different Scout head.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I did a similar uipdate to an old Surefire 870 Foreend. Those malkoff adapters are awesome.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just recently bought the M61 425 lumens to refit an old P60. I am extremely surprised at what it does for that old light and now plan to buy another. As a side note, I have been out of the game for quite some time but back then carried a Z60 on my belt and was at the time amazed at its 60 lumens output. Today’s lights are so far ahead of anything 15 years ago.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast