Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bringing the Surefire Millenium into the 21st Century

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I just recently bought the M61 425 lumens to refit an old P60. I am extremely surprised at what it does for that old light and now plan to buy another. As a side note, I have been out of the game for quite some time but back then carried a Z60 on my belt and was at the time amazed at its 60 lumens output. Today’s lights are so far ahead of anything 15 years ago.
    Yep. Good upgrade. Good battery life with the M61 too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    New long range head from Malkoff. It should make a very nice upgrade to my M951.

https://malkoffdevices.com/products/..._source=seguno

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just to bump and update. The Malkoff thread adapter is also compatible with the new Legacy 600 head from Modlite. Just one more option for someone who may have an old Surefire that needs an update.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    If you're like me, you probably have one or two of these lying around. The lights are tough (combat proven) but are about worthless nowadays with the incandescent lamp.

Malkoff makes a drop-in LED that's a decent option. It is about $40 and does a good job of making one of these old lights useful. Battery life is good enough and the lamp puts out something like 350 lumens. Decent but not great by current standards.

So I was curious about fitting a new modern Scout head to one of the old bodies. I talked to Gene Malkoff about this. Turns out he already makes a threaded adapter for the legacy Surefire shotgun forends that allow a Scout head to be used.

It was a completely simple manner to unscrew the old bulky Surefire head assembly and screw the adapter into the body. Now I can easily use a new Surefire head. Color doesn't match of course but that's not a big deal to me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So why bother? Why not just get a new Scout? Well, because I already have the mount, tape switch, etc for the old Millenium. Plus why not?
    You could also go the cheaper, more effective route.
    Malkoff isn’t the only module manufacturer in the country. They do build quality products, but their P60 modules are still in 2009.
    I have fully potted W2.1 modules putting out 1,100lm, and 72kcd with around 90min runtime in all my P60 based weapon lights. Their performance as far as I can tell…is completely on par with my Plhv2, Rein 1, and is a bit better then my E2XTL….way better then any Surefire scout head available!
    All for a $100 upgrade.
    Vinh Nuguyen at Sky Lumens builds awesome stuff!
    Last edited by camoman; 02-17-23 at 10:19.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Are there IR/white light replacement heads? Literally the only reason I run a ....951?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123