Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KISS goes patriotic

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not a huge KISS fan. I view them as party music. Not too serious or deep. But good entertainers. Not ALL music should require the listener to have a stick up the ass to enjoy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Where do you stand on Twisted Sister?
    I honestly hope that a Band can stand on it's own based solely on the music rather than something that is a visual presentation. There are a few exceptions to that rule, but not many.
    Everyone wants a good stage show, but in the end you have to ask yourself "Does the Music Stand on it's Own?" Although Kiss had a few hits that are memorable, the shock value of the Make-up, leather suits and entire characters built around a narrative were the catch, the music not so much.
    Some folks had their "thing" but the music could stand on its own, Jethro Tull comes to mind. Ian Anderson may have looked like some sort of Middle Ages Minstrel, but "Locomotive Breath" and "Aqualung" still rocked harder than 85% of anything Kiss could do.
    If you are looking for some rather simple, just easy Hard Rocking music from the era, you can always pull up some Fog Hat or Nazareth and enjoy the great, simple hard rocking lesser known Bands that were pretty great in an era of giants.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    If they are going to put country music artists in the rock n roll hall of fame, then the floodgates are pretty open.
    Who, Johnny Cash?

If that is who you were referencing that is because he was a rock pioneer, see the "Million Dollar Quartet".
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123