View Poll Results: Which Knights Armament rifle would you equip every US infantry rifleman with?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11.5" SR-16 Mod 2 CQB

11 12.09%
  • 14.5" SR-16 Mod 2

45 49.45%
  • 16" SR-15 Mod 2

23 25.27%
  • 18" SR-15 Light Precision Rifle

1 1.10%
  • 9.5" SR-30

0 0%
  • 9.5" SR-30 Direct Signature Reduction

1 1.10%
  • 14.5" SR-25 Combat Carbine

3 3.30%
  • 16" M110K2 (Combat Carbine)

6 6.59%
  • 16" M110K3 (Precision Carbine)

1 1.10%
  • 14.5" M110K5 (Direct Signature Reduction)

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which KAC rifle would you (hypothetically) equip every US infantry rifleman with?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    True, but then again there are plenty of Marines who grasp the concept of an ACOG to good affect. As long as we’re waving magic wands here, I’d make sure Pvt. Snuffy got good range time with really experienced instructors who can actually teach the ins and out of using that LPV optic, along with more solid training in actual rifle marksmanship.
    It does depend how much wand waving we're doing.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    True, but then again there are plenty of Marines who grasp the concept of an ACOG to good affect. As long as we’re waving magic wands here, I’d make sure Pvt. Snuffy got good range time with really experienced instructors who can actually teach the ins and out of using that LPV optic, along with more solid training in actual rifle marksmanship.
    ACOGs now the norm in my son's Airborne rifle company.

Feedback Score
    I went with the 16" SR15. Reason why is overall reliability combined with a good balance of effectiveness and compactness using standard FMJ ammunition. I almost went with the 14.5" option but I'm still a little skeptical of the 14.5" middy reliability in extreme environments especially cold weather performance and a service rifle adopted by the U.S. military must be able to operate reliably world wide due to the expeditionary nature of U.S. military operations.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’ll never advocate an LPVO for widespread military use. There are far more Soldiers that don’t understand the Aimpoint than those that do, and it really can’t get any easier than a CCO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly, issuing LPVOs w/ current COTS type mounts to general forces would be an absolute shit show. I've heard horror stories of soldiers who cannot grasp how to mount, or use a CCO correctly (mounting them impossibly low, w/o the needed spacer). If LPVO's were issued they would have to be configured something like a VCOG, or the mount/rings would have to have a keyed interface with the rings so that they cannot be mounted wrong. Even with that, LPVOs have eye relief that has to be accounted for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    Exactly, issuing LPVOs w/ current COTS type mounts to general forces would be an absolute shit show. I've heard horror stories of soldiers who cannot grasp how to mount, or use a CCO correctly (mounting them impossibly low, w/o the needed spacer). If LPVO's were issued they would have to be configured something like a VCOG, or the mount/rings would have to have a keyed interface with the rings so that they cannot be mounted wrong. Even with that, LPVOs have eye relief that has to be accounted for.
    Maybe my confidence in grunts is higher than it should be, but I find it hard to believe that people could be that stupid and helpless. And obviously boot camp and training exercises would incorporate education and training on any new optic. LPVOs, if enough time was given on how to properly find DOPE, would increase the standard infantryman’s battlefield effectiveness far more than a different caliber or barrel length.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I've had Soldiers that didn't know they had to turn the CCO on. Not infantrymen, but the two stupidest people that I've ever met in my life were at OSUT so I wouldn't put it past them.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Well picking gear based on the lowest common denominator, while typical, is still not a good idea.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    14.5 SR-16 Mod 2. As a general issue infantry weapon that needs to be appropriate in a wide variety of environments, the 14.5 Mod 2 is probably the best rifle put into production to date.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I went with the 14.5 SR16 Mod 2. IMO it's a good compromise between CQB and an 18 - 20 incher at distance and not too bad when door kicking.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Sr 16 14.5in with NF atacr 1-8, sf 1500 lumen scout light, and mawl da. Top it off with a kac qdc cqb can. Pefect set up from 0 to 700 with ease.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This is win. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say your IQ is substantially higher than a majority of the rest of the people on this board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast