View Poll Results: Which Knights Armament rifle would you equip every US infantry rifleman with?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11.5" SR-16 Mod 2 CQB

11 12.09%
  • 14.5" SR-16 Mod 2

45 49.45%
  • 16" SR-15 Mod 2

23 25.27%
  • 18" SR-15 Light Precision Rifle

1 1.10%
  • 9.5" SR-30

0 0%
  • 9.5" SR-30 Direct Signature Reduction

1 1.10%
  • 14.5" SR-25 Combat Carbine

3 3.30%
  • 16" M110K2 (Combat Carbine)

6 6.59%
  • 16" M110K3 (Precision Carbine)

1 1.10%
  • 14.5" M110K5 (Direct Signature Reduction)

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which KAC rifle would you (hypothetically) equip every US infantry rifleman with?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    This is win. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say your IQ is substantially higher than a majority of the rest of the people on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You guys are thinking way too much like shooters. I do know that one of our BNs here was testing the MAWLs though. Really didn’t expect to see those so soon.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    I went with the 16" SR15. Reason why is overall reliability combined with a good balance of effectiveness and compactness using standard FMJ ammunition. I almost went with the 14.5" option but I'm still a little skeptical of the 14.5" middy reliability in extreme environments especially cold weather performance and a service rifle adopted by the U.S. military must be able to operate reliably world wide due to the expeditionary nature of U.S. military operations.
    The 14.5 middy questions have been answered by the Crane study:

NSWC-Crane Mid-Length Gas System Testing Shows Increased Performance & Service Life For M4 Carbines

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/05/14...d-performance/
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    This is win. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say your IQ is substantially higher than a majority of the rest of the people on this board.

All i know is that that set up i suggested is exactly how i have my sr15 14.5 built out based on my last decade of shooting and changing shit haha.

Also anyone who talks about the lowest common denominator is doing everyone else a huge disfavor in this hypothetical scenario. You never cater to stupid, or you shouldnt. Its a lesson the military world should have taken from the civilian business world years ago. Perform or find a different job. The op asked for the best hybrid warfare set up we could come up with using kac guns as a base, and then some of you come in here and state doesnt matter what you give them the derp will win. Just remember we have dudes enlisting now with college degrees and i havent met a marine yet that couldnt shoot. Cater to the mission and let your ****ing people do their jobs and teach their subordinates how to use their kit. Im tired of catering to stupid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I hurt a lot of feelings with my 14.5 SR-15 on a pretty regular basis, doing everything from close-range speed to long range precision.
    It's super easy to maintain; just needs spring replacement at the round counts that most others will need bolt and barrel replacement.
    Since I work at KAC I won't belabor the point, but it was the product that brought me here, and it's the constant improvement that keeps me here.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I hurt a lot of feelings with my 14.5 SR-15 on a pretty regular basis, doing everything from close-range speed to long range precision.

#kacmasterrace

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    All i know is that that set up i suggested is exactly how i have my sr15 14.5 built out based on my last decade of shooting and changing shit haha.

Also anyone who talks about the lowest common denominator is doing everyone else a huge disfavor in this hypothetical scenario. You never cater to stupid, or you shouldnt. Its a lesson the military world should have taken from the civilian business world years ago. Perform or find a different job. The op asked for the best hybrid warfare set up we could come up with using kac guns as a base, and then some of you come in here and state doesnt matter what you give them the derp will win. Just remember we have dudes enlisting now with college degrees and i havent met a marine yet that couldnt shoot. Cater to the mission and let your ****ing people do their jobs and teach their subordinates how to use their kit. Im tired of catering to stupid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Catering to stupid in a stupid way is making people wear two PT belts during a formation run in Afghanistan. Catering to stupid in a smart way (aka being realistic) is recognizing that a COMP M5 or ACOG would be a much better option than expecting every grunt to learn how to effectively use an LPVO AND not **** it and/or the mount up. Again, it all depends how much of a magic wand we’re waiving here.

I’d love to see all of the hopes and dreams in this thread come true, but I’ll get issued a KAC gun before you have the majority of every line company proficient on the care and use of an LPVO.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Which KAC rifle would you (hypothetically) equip every US infantry rifleman with?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Catering to stupid in a stupid way is making people wear two PT belts during a formation run in Afghanistan. Catering to stupid in a smart way (aka being realistic) is recognizing that a COMP M5 or ACOG would be a much better option than expecting every grunt to learn how to effectively use an LPVO AND not **** it and/or the mount up. Again, it all depends how much of a magic wand we’re waiving here.

I’d love to see all of the hopes and dreams in this thread come true, but I’ll get issued a KAC gun before you have the majority of every line company proficient on the care and use of an LPVO.

We’re an all voluntary military... Hell even if we weren’t.... if you’re so damn stupid that you can’t effectively work an LPVO then maybe front line combat isn’t for you. Hell you shouldn’t even be allowed to operate a motor vehicle. And yes, I was in the military and am currently a firefighter... I am very well aware of what stupid is capable of. Not issuing a phenomenal force multiplier such as an LPVO because someone may break it is a cop out solution for a lack of quality training and discipline. Also what the hell is there even to break about an LPVO that there isn’t on an ACOG or an M5? The only “care and use” I gave my Razor 1-6 was shooting it and changing the batteries.

Last edited by Mr. Goodtimes; 08-07-18 at 17:05.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    We’re an all voluntary military... Hell even if we weren’t.... if you’re so damn stupid that you can’t effectively work an LPVO then maybe front line combat isn’t for you. Hell you shouldn’t even be allowed to operate a motor vehicle. And yes, I was in the military and am currently a firefighter... I am very well aware of what stupid is capable of. Not issuing a phenomenal force multiplier such as an LPVO because someone may break it is a cop out solution for a lack of quality training and discipline. Also what the hell is there even to break about an LPVO that there isn’t on an ACOG or an M5? The only “care and use” I gave my Razor 1-6 was shooting it and changing the batteries.

Razors are pretty notorious for having extreme durability, I’m not sure there are many that compare. But I was really talking more about the rings/mount. And even if not breaking, disassembling and remounting properly. I would say that they could be given to leaders like SL and above, but often the senior guys are just as bad. Either way, this is enough of a drift I think.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Well picking gear based on the lowest common denominator, while typical, is still not a good idea.
    Exactly! The lowest capable soldiers will not be competent with ANY equipment configuration. Whereas giving average and above capable soldiers more functionality is a force multiplier. Either a fixed or variable LPO seems optimal. But I also agree that if equipment is standardized then go with mounts that can’t be futzed with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    I’m sure that if the giant magic wand was to be waved (it would be a giant magic wand for any of this to happen) the low power variable daylight optic could be specified with a unitized optical tube and mount. Think VCOG except with the Nightforce ATACR 1-8 optics packaging inside. Put two or three 1/2” nuts on the mounting portion with multiple recoil lugs to interface with the picatinny upper. Torque to snug with a 1/2” driver in a pinch, but 55-65in-lbs with a torque wrench would be ideal. Then paint marker the nuts and upper for witness marks.

Make sure the turrets have caps so Pvt. Schmuckatelli doesn’t inadvertently knock his zero off, but can still dial if needed after taking the caps off. Equip the caps with safety cables retaining the caps to the optic body so they cannot be lost.

Not much more needed to private proof the optic.

Train everyone to run the optic on 1X as a default and crank on more magnification as needed. It’s not rocket surgery, I’m sure even the below average crayon eaters in a platoon can be adequately trained to operate an LPV.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast