Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass shooting stopped by ccw holder

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Mass shooting stopped by ccw holder

This is not making headlines.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/06...olice-say.html

An armed bystander shot a man who opened fire at a Florida park filled with over 100 people -- including children -- for a Saturday back-to-school cookout, officials said.
    The Titusville Police Department said in a news release the man was involved in a fistfight with another person at the Issac Campbell Park and left around 5:20 p.m. -- only to return with a gun minutes later and start shooting.

A bystander, who was lawfully licensed to carry a firearm, then shot the gunman.

“We are extremely grateful that nobody else was injured in this incident,” Deputy Chief Todd Hutchinson said in a statement. “This suspect opened fire at a crowded public park. This could have been so much worse.”
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad he was there!

What kind of mental defective gets in a fistfight at a back to school party and then goes and gets a gun?

I'll bet when names are released we find he's a frequent flyer who shouldn't have been out in the first place.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This will just be added to the list of school shootings to spin it the other way

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Titusville, FL is Knight’s Armament land.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Titusville, FL is Knight’s Armament land.
    Yup, literally about 7 miles down the road.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Glad he was there!

What kind of mental defective gets in a fistfight at a back to school party and then goes and gets a gun?

I'll bet when names are released we find he's a frequent flyer who shouldn't have been out in the first place.
    It seems that there are A LOT of people who take offense at the drop of a hat...then fly into a rage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Glad he was there!

Maybe it's just the way I'm reading your post but you sound like you think this is a rare occurrence? Our local newspaper seems to have an incident like this several times a year.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Yeah, 5 miles from my house, about 6 miles from the factory.
    It is, however, right in the middle of the area that most folks avoid.
    Titusville has a fairly high violent crime rate as it is.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Yeah, 5 miles from my house, about 6 miles from the factory.
    It is, however, right in the middle of the area that most folks avoid.
    Titusville has a fairly high violent crime rate as it is.
    That actually really stinks to read. I want to view the Knights factory as somehow the Disneyworld of modern sporting rifles. Never been but it must be a magical place to bring so much good into the world!
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Maybe it's just the way I'm reading your post but you sound like you think this is a rare occurrence? Our local newspaper seems to have an incident like this several times a year.
    No, not at all on the 'gonna get muh gun' thing, just on the venue - a school party. Do we know what relation was he to anyone at the scene? A parent?

In terms of frequent flyer, I meant he was probably known to the police, and a prohibited person.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast