Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Inforce WMLs

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney View Post
    I had the same experience. I really wanted to like the inforce, i tried. But after many discoveries of dead lights, even though they had not been used in 3-4 weeks. Flickering issues, and have one just flat out fail, I'm back to surefire.
    I have been doing some informal testing with my takeoff Inforce sitting on my workbench. I tested it daily and after a couple weeks with a new battery it started flickering before coming on. I tested the battery and it was at 60% on my ZTS tester. After putting in a new battery but leaving the head locked out, I would screw it down and test every couple of days for a few weeks and then return to lockout with no issue. So basically, there is not only a significant parasitic power drain, but a 60% battery isn't enough to get it to power on correctly the first try. This matches my experience with 2 different mounted Inforces over the years. This is not preferred function for a serious tool that needs to be ready 24/7.

My many X300s and TLRs all keep lighting up on the first try, albeit lower output, at even 0% battery power on the ZTS tester. This is how a battery powered duty light should work.

Great form factor and ergos, likely bad circuit design...

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dennis; 09-25-18 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My WML’s do not seem to have the battery drain issue, and I never lock out the heads. Perhaps quality is inconsistent, or there has been silent generational changes.

I did have flickering issues and later a dead light from a older handheld Inforce light that I put in a weapon mount. Too bad; it was bright as $&@+, and had good battery life.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought the first generation haley strategic edition WML with high hopes. I should have returned it but kept it for some reason, from day 1 I had flickering issues and as a result I never did trust it to turn on when I wanted it to. Surefire and Streamlight for me.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I had battery drain issues. The sent me a new unit and it seems OK for now. Regardless, my confidence in their durability is diminished.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There is a reason Surefire is the pricier one and the most trusted. I’ve used Surefires in two different combat deployments and I’ve never had problems with them. They can take a beating to say the least and still work like a charm. I’ve had the Inforce before and they are just garbage and won’t ever go on any of my AR’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I really like the lockout feature/bar on the WMLs. The brief time I had 3 of them they worked okay with no issues but nothing hard. Decided the bodies weren't to my liking.

That said, I would stick with SF for a duty/heavy use rifle.

For a budget/home defense (short range indoor) gun that won't be banged around much, I like the TLR-1 HL a lot.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I really like how they look but mine had battery draining issues. They sent me a new light but I sold it, surefire and streamlight seem the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    If you can't pick your shit up at 3pm or 0300 and it's configured to get it done 0-400m in seconds, sideways, upside down, or unstable... your a daylight range clown.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I’ve had 3 INFORCE weapon mountable lights fail. Numerous attempts to reach CS failed. This could be the first bad product review I’ve ever openly shared. FWIW.

I work in LE and I will NEVER use any INFORCE product for work.

Buy surefire or stream light and go with the impact weapon components for mounting options. Your wallet will hate you but you will love your rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12