G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Question about Inforce WMLs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    1,266
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

    Question about Inforce WMLs

    I'm putting together a AR pistol build that I'm trying to keep as streamlined of a package as I can. Basically trying to keep the bulk down.

    I like the look and feel of the Inforce WML lights. Gen2 specifically. It's going on a MRP railed upper so it's nice and tight on there.

    Are they serious use lights light the Surefire scouts? I mounted up a M300 and it was definitely bulkier. It sits a good half inch or more wider. I also through on a x300u and while it was better than the scout, doesn't compare to the Inforce.

    I've haven't read much in the way of Inforce having problems but the polymer body sitting just behind the muzzle device concerns me a bit.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southern Kali...
    Posts
    793
    Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I have had 3 to include the latest model and they have all had flickering and power issues. People say they work, just not for me.

    I have several Surefire X300 and X300U's with no issues even after lots of bashing around. I also have a few Streamlight TLR's that keep working as well.

    The TLR-7 has a great form factor with 500 lumen output and I am going to try one out on a lightweight AR.

    Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 08-07-18 at 22:30.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    O'ahu
    Posts
    5,472
    Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I had one but it wasnít the latest gen, I think it was a gen 1.5 kind of deal. It was ok but I didnít trust the durability and reliability compared to my Scouts and the performance definitely wasnít the same. Obviously far cheaper though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    1,266
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That's to bad. It would fit perfectly.
    I may just have to go with a M300. I gotta look into the M600DF and figure out if that would be worth its size.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    O'ahu
    Posts
    5,472
    Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I'm sure I'd see it if I did a lot of low light stuff, but initial impressions between the 500 lumen M300C and the DF hasn't given me the impression that the latter is anything that provides a ton of additional capability. I like it a lot, but it doesn't make me feel like the M300C needs to be replaced, especially since the gun it is on is supposed to be kind of light weight. Depending on the specifics of your pistol, the Arisaka 300 series may be worth a look. Its not a tremendous difference but one of their bodies with an inline mount looks like it is a pretty efficient use of space.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    1,266
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    It wouldn't necessarily be replacing the M300. I would just take that off of a larger rifle and put it on the 10.5. I'd put the DF on the larger rifle where I used to have a M600u on it.

    I'll have to do some research. I have a bunch of 18650 batteries but I'm not sure they'd work in the surefire. I like the idea of rechargeable but I only really change out batteries once a year if they dont die in the mean time so it may be irrelevant to me to begin with.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    O'ahu
    Posts
    5,472
    Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    It wouldn't necessarily be replacing the M300. I would just take that off of a larger rifle and put it on the 10.5. I'd put the DF on the larger rifle where I used to have a M600u on it.

    I'll have to do some research. I have a bunch of 18650 batteries but I'm not sure they'd work in the surefire. I like the idea of rechargeable but I only really change out batteries once a year if they dont die in the mean time so it may be irrelevant to me to begin with.
    Oh gotcha. I think the P&S Facebook page has a fair amount of feedback with different brand 18660s in the DF.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    I'm putting together a AR pistol build that I'm trying to keep as streamlined of a package as I can. Basically trying to keep the bulk down.

    I like the look and feel of the Inforce WML lights. Gen2 specifically. It's going on a MRP railed upper so it's nice and tight on there.

    Are they serious use lights light the Surefire scouts? I mounted up a M300 and it was definitely bulkier. It sits a good half inch or more wider. I also through on a x300u and while it was better than the scout, doesn't compare to the Inforce.

    I've haven't read much in the way of Inforce having problems but the polymer body sitting just behind the muzzle device concerns me a bit.
    I have a WMLx gen 2 that I'm running on a BCM 11.5 SBR. I went with the bigger WML because I wanted one with more lumen output than my TLR-1 HL. For the record, the TLR-1 HL is tough to beat, even today. It's tough, cheap as hell and puts out 630 lumens. You just have to be ok with the switch that comes on it. The WML survived a week long class with no issues. I knocked it fully off the rifle a couple times when going through doorways and it didn't affect function one bit. So for my purposes, I've been very happy with it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    637
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a couple, no problems, despite use in the rain. However, I do not trust them to take a beating, and I have no real evidence to support that. I like them, but they just donít have that beefy feeling. They are on most of my home d guns, because joint injuries make it hard for me to activate tailcaps on many other lights without a vert grip, which I hate.
    RLTW

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    653
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have had 3 to include the latest model and they have all had flickering and power issues. People say they work, just not for me.

    I have several Surefire X300 and X300U's with no issues even after lots of bashing around. I also have a few Streamlight TLR's that keep working as well.

    The TLR-7 has a great form factor with 500 lumen output and I am going to try one out on a lightweight AR.

    Dennis.

    I had the same experience. I really wanted to like the inforce, i tried. But after many discoveries of dead lights, even though they had not been used in 3-4 weeks. Flickering issues, and have one just flat out fail, I'm back to surefire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •