Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kids Were Being TRAINED to Become School Shooters

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Man arrested at New Mexico compound is son of imam with possible link to 1993 World Trade Center bombing

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/siraj-w...urt-documents/

According to Wiki, the suspects father:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siraj_Wahhaj
    He’s also given some sort of speech for Obummer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...pound-suspects
    So despite the dead child found at the heavily armed Islamist compound, where one of the 11 malnourished children told authorities they would be kidnapped or killed if they didn't commit jihad at the behest of their reincarnated Jesus - Judge Backus could not be compelled to deny bail.
    Bullshit!

She could damn well have "compelled" all she wants, she's a f'n judge. There is a thing called high bond, she could have set bail in the millions of dollars essentially denying them bail as they would not be able to afford it short of a Saudi Prince picking up the tab.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 08-15-18 at 14:45.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bullshit!

She could damn well have "compelled" all she wants, she's a f'n judge. There is a thing called high bond, she could have set bail in the millions of dollars essentially denying them bail as they would not be able to afford it short of a Saudi Prince picking up the tab.
    Totally agree, its a sorry excuse. Death threats be damned, your a flippin judge for cryin out loud. Judges have been subject to such tactics for ages this shouldnt be a suprise. Everyone want to be a judge till its time to do judge shit!

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't understand the bond system, but I have read they were released on their signatures only. But then somewhere else I read the bonds were $20K each, which I thought meant 10% to the bond agent or only $2K.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Bullshit!

There are a lot of bleeding hearts here in New Mexico, and Taos is definitely filled with liberal artist and hippie types. In fact, I think there is a commune from the '60's still functioning in the area. With that in mind it's no surprise to my cynical self that the judge has performed the way she has. I do enjoy living here but there are some attitudes toward crime that confound me.

Feedback Score
    The judge responds:

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/new...se/1008429002/

In an eight-page court order, Taos District Court Judge Sarah Backus spells out what prompted her to rule for release on a signature bond for five adults arrested at a makeshift compound in Amalia earlier this month.

"The charges in all these cases are for child abuse," Backus wrote. "The State produced no evidence of any abuse. ... The Court has no information and none was presented as to their current conditions."

Backus said she was presented evidence that a yet-to-be-identified child — family members have reportedly claimed that it's Abdul-Ghani — died while in the defendants' care, but no charges have been filed in his death. She said there was no evidence regarding his cause of death or that he didn't receive adequate medical attention.

"The only evidence received by the Court regarding this child is that he was ill and disabled and that the defendants prayed over him and touched him on the forehead prior to his death," the judge wrote. "...While the Court finds these allegations extremely disturbing, the allegations, without more, do not rise to the level of evidence that clearly convinces the Court that the defendants are a danger to any other person (all other children are in the custody of the State) or to the community at large."

The Office of the Medical Investigator said it could take weeks to identify the body due to the level of decomposition. Prosecutors said at the hearing that one of the children said the boy died in February during one of the prayer ceremonies.

Prosecutors seemed to hinge a big part of their argument on information that the children were being trained to carry out terrorist acts. The judge said there was no evidence of that, either.

"No actual threats of terrorism or any credible evidence of a substantive plan was produced regarding the same," Backus wrote.
    "From this meager evidence the Court is requested by the State to surmise that these people are dangerous terrorists with a plot against the Country or institutions," Backus wrote. "The Court may not surmise, guess or assume."

Evidence was presented that the children were being trained to use guns and there was a shooting range on the compound, but Backus wrote, "The State conceded that any children exposed to firearms should be trained in their use."

And none of the weapons was stolen or illegal, she noted. They are readily available for purchase at retail stores.

The defendants also didn't have a criminal history, which is one criterion judges use when determining dangerousness.

"The State did not produce any evidence of any history of violence that would cause the Court to conclude that they are a danger to the community or are unlikely to appear at hearings or to abide by their conditions of release," the judge wrote.
    "The State apparently expected the Court to take the individuals' faith into account in making such a determination," Backus wrote. "The Court has never been asked to take any other person's faith into account in making a determination of dangerousness. The Court is not aware of any law that allows the Court to take a person's faith into consideration in making a dangerousness determination."
    "The Court is aware that it will receive criticism about this decision," Backus wrote. "The canons of judicial ethics require that judges not concern themselves with public opinion and base their decisions in the law and the evidence presented in Court. "In Court, the burden was on the prosecution to prove its case and it did not do so. For that reason, the Court has denied the motion for detention without bond."
    My take: Sounds like a rambling CYA attempt because you wanted to be politically correct.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU APPROACH TERRORISM AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT MATTER INSTEAD OF (MORE PROPERLY) A MILITARY ONE.

So, do you want to let her off the hook?

This also reminds us to ask, "How many more of these training camps are in the US?"
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 08-16-18 at 17:17.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So other times when rulings are done in the interest of “public safety “ those are ok.

Cool.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The batteries in my Trust-O-Meter died a long time ago.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    In a baffling twist, the authorities have DESTROYED the entire compound. So much for "Police Line Do Not Cross."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ed-authorities

New Mexico authorities have executed a court order to destroy an encampment where the son of a famous New York Imam ritualistically murdered his three-year-old son and trained nearly a dozen other children to commit school shootings, according to Taos, NM prosecutors.
    My take: Let me adjust my tinfoil hat a little. Mmmm....okay, is it on straight now? Could it be that the authorities couldn't allow evidence of another planned mass shooting be discovered, especially since that evidence would have implicated the involvement of some federal alphabet soup agencies?

Did certain state officials get a phone call saying, "You better send your boys in there to clean it up ASAP."?

(If I don't post ever again, you'll know that I was "dealt with" for knowing too much.)
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 08-17-18 at 09:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    This also reminds us to ask, "How many more of these training camps are in the US?"

I REST MY CASE, YOUR HONOR:

https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...tioned-attack/

Iranian-backed militants are operating across the United States mostly unfettered, raising concerns in Congress and among regional experts that these "sleeper cell" agents are poised to launch a large-scale attack on the American homeland, according to testimony before lawmakers.

Iranian agents tied to the terror group Hezbollah have already been discovered in the United States plotting attacks, giving rise to fears that Tehran could order a strike inside America should tensions between the Trump administration and Islamic Republic reach a boiling point.

Intelligence officials and former White House officials confirmed to Congress on Tuesday that such an attack is not only plausible, but relatively easy for Iran to carry out at a time when the Trump administration is considering abandoning the landmark nuclear deal and reapplying sanctions on Tehran.

There is mounting evidence that Iran poses "a direct threat to the homeland," according to Rep. Peter King (R., N.Y.), a member of the House Homeland Security Committee and chair of its subcommittee on counterterrorism and intelligence.

A chief concern is "Iranian support for Hezbollah, which is active in the Middle East, Latin America, and here in the U.S., where Hezbollah operatives have been arrested for activities conducted in our own country," King said, referring the recent arrest of two individuals plotting terror attacks in New York City and Michigan.
    (I know it's from April, but that's still pretty recent).
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 08-17-18 at 11:03.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast