Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QD attachment for Older LMT SOPMOD

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

QD attachment for Older LMT SOPMOD

Is there anyway to add a QD sling socket in the empty hole on an older style LMT SOPMOD? It looks like there used to be a kit but it’s no longer available.

Also, what would be a reasonable asking price for the stock if I were to decide to sell it in the EE?
    Last edited by Captains1911; 08-08-18 at 18:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    KAC's carbine stock sling adapter is what I used before the stocks came with QD swivel points.

This adapter was made for the old Colt CAR stocks, but it works on the SOPMOD stocks. It has a non-rotation limited sock on both sides.

Here's another look from an old pic taken in 2004 or 2005.

Last edited by Duffy; 08-08-18 at 20:06.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You know it's hard to sell LMT SOPMODS for any reasonable amount. Because the B5 and array of other great stocks. They are among my favorites. Maybe $50.

See if you can get the KAC deal but that probably cost as much as other high quality stocks.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Arisaka sells the QD socket adaptor set and specifically credits the original version from Gear Sector in the product description.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You know it's hard to sell LMT SOPMODS for any reasonable amount. Because the B5 and array of other great stocks.
    A while back, I found the receipt for the LMT SOPMOD kit that I bought from G&R back around 2005, complete with receiver extension, buffer, spring, etc. The price that I paid was... troubling. I think something like $250. It was the only thing really available at the time, and it’s great gear - just expensive.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    Arisaka sells the QD socket adaptor set and specifically credits the original version from Gear Sector in the product description.

A while back, I found the receipt for the LMT SOPMOD kit that I bought from G&R back around 2005, complete with receiver extension, buffer, spring, etc. The price that I paid was... troubling. I think something like $250. It was the only thing really available at the time, and it’s great gear - just expensive.
    Awesome, that’s exactly what I was looking for, thanks. Yeah, I bought mine used about 10 or so years ago, I believe for around $150, which seemed like a deal at the time. It is still my favorite stock, I just really wanted a QD attachment and was afraid I’d have to replace it with a B5.
    Last edited by Captains1911; 08-08-18 at 21:26.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The B5 plastic does not feel the same as the LMT version—I just returned my B5 today at Brownells because of the difference. I don’t know how to quantify that feeling other than my subjective opinion.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    After googling LMT SOPMOD Gen1 and looking at photos, I’m a little confused, because those look slightly dffererent than mine in regards to the QD hole. Those have a smaller hole, whereas mine has a much larger hole (stock on bottom rifle in picture below) as if it were designed for a QD socket only it wasn’t installed. Are there variations in the Gen1 stocks, and will this kit work with my stock?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, your stock is what most people call the Gen 2 LMT SOPMOD stock, which was designed to have a built-in QD socket. I don’t know if they’re supposed to come with the socket installed or if it’s an add-on part - I’ve only used the original stock design. In this photo from the Operation Parts website, you can see the socket installed:

You might be able to find the socket so you can add it to your stock, but I’m not sure how it’s secured. The Gear Sector / Arisaka part is definitely different, since it’s designed to have the screw go through the much smaller hole on the Gen I stock and mount the QD socket on the side of the stock, rather than embedded in it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So I have a Gen2 stock with a missing QD socket? Is this common?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Phone stutter delete
    Last edited by jsbhike; 08-09-18 at 08:57. Reason: Phone stutter delete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast