Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arisaka Finger Stop---Anyone Tried It?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Arisaka Finger Stop---Anyone Tried It?

I was shopping for a hand stop and came across this:

https://arisakadefense.com/products/finger-stop-keymod

At first I just disregarded it then read their description then watched their one minute video. You can put this stop between the index and second finger or second and ring finger so it seems flexible. I am wondering what kind of grip is possible, what kind of pulling force to stabilize recoil? If anyone has used this, please post your thoughts.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEnAcjwavR0
    Last edited by Dr. Bullseye; 08-08-18 at 22:38.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I've got the M-Lok version on my 15" Centurion CMR handguard as a forward stop that fits between my index and middle fingers with a Railscales Karve (which works with either Keymod or M-Lok) as a rear stop along with various sizes and types of Railscales panels. I really dig the setup. As you can see from the video it is very small and allows multiple hand positions. The quality of machining, finish and solid lockup are typical Arisaka, top notch.

I would not hesitate to recommend it to someone looking for a low profile hand-stop.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 08-08-18 at 23:15.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I'm almost there, titsonritz. I have a B5 hand guard and it has a small built-in handstop at the very front. Call me an obsessive-compulsive but I can't stop myself from hooking my index finger around this little stop. Of course my finger is partially resting on the metal end plate and it gets hot. This is maybe not the best set up for a rearward pull and so I was shopping for the second, rear, handstop when I came across this little Arisaka device which can go in between any fingers or behind the hand. When using an alternate grip, such as when using a light, this Arisaka might still be useful. But can an acceptable level of back traction be achieved with it without the Karve using it between the fingers?
    Last edited by Dr. Bullseye; 08-08-18 at 23:22.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    But can an acceptable level of back traction be achieved with it without the Karve using it between the fingers?
    Yes. It works fine pushing or pulling all by itself. It really is surprisingly effective for how tiny it is. I would think it be perfect for the polymer B5 hand guard because of it's size, I would think something like a larger vertical grip would be too easily torn from the Keymod slots.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 08-08-18 at 23:34.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have one on my 14.5 Noveske Afghan with G MK4 rail. I run a bipod on it sometimes and it gives me a great grip behind the bipod. I wrap my pointing finger around it and feel rock solid. It just gives you that little extra your looking for. I'm sure it would work great for a shorter gun. I plan to buy one for my Zenith mp5.

I tried similar things with the KAC stop but never worked for me the same way.

Give it a whirl, good chance you will dig it.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-09-18 at 00:16.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I'm sure it would work great for a shorter gun. I plan to buy one for my Zenith mp5.
    I put one on my SP89 a little while ago. It works well.

Feedback Score

Arisaka Finger Stop---Anyone Tried It?

I have this (Impact Weapons Barrier Stop linked below) on two rifles and like it a lot. I don’t split fingers around it though, just press forward lightly like extending that left arm while pulling the rifle in with the other. I like the barrier stop idea but haven’t practiced shooting with any real barriers... not sure if it’s that useful in that regard. I have a forward vertical grip on one of the rifles just far enough back I can place my hand in front of the VFG and behind the stop, or behind the VFG basically just in front of the mag well using the VFG as a second hand stop further back, or grip that normally.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ns-components/

https://www.impactweaponscomponents....ier-hand-stop/

I think the Arisaka would function very similarly and be a great add on.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / CRPA / FPC / USCCA member
    Last edited by lordmorgul; 08-09-18 at 00:36.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I have 5-6 on various lengths both M-Lok and keymod. I like how it allows more precise placement for thumbing a scout light than a fat forward grip.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have one and I like it. It's currently sitting on my light weight AR mounted to an Era3 M-Lok handguard.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The Arisaka has a really solid lock-up, feels more like part of your handguard then just an accessory to me. You push/pull the rifle pretty well with it. Its solid enough you can use it as a barricade support too in a pinch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast