Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronin Belt Users - Get in here...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Ronin Belt Users - Get in here...

What is the proper sizing?

I feel their charts are a little off?

I have the medium warriors belt which the chart says is for my 36" waist measured with a proper tape. I wear 32" pants.

I have a lot of slack left over from the adjustment. Its to the point where I cant cinch it down much further because of the tag/label.

Are these belts big? Or is it because no sizes overlap? Should I downsize?

What are your belt sizes and waist/pant size?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I have a medium Senshi and typically wear a 34 pant. It fits me very well but I do remember being concerned that I wouldn’t get the size I needed. I love the belt, it’s ****ing awesome, after replacing the inner belt with the one from my Crye MRB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I have the medium task force and I wear a size 32 or 33 pant with no issues. Absolutely love my belt.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well guess it seems I would be sized right then...

How much stiffer is the Task Force? My warriors is pretty stiff but you can flex it pretty easily.

I might upgrade

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    *double tap* :c

Feedback Score
    The sizing charts are very accurate. They fit the waist size, not your pant size, and will hit the mid point of the adjustment with a long tail (enough to fold over). If anything, due to the fact that they are true waist size measurements, they run slightly larger than most people expect. I wear 34 inch pants to fit my thighs and booty into, with a closer to 32 or 33 inch true waist. The size M Senshi belt that I have (36"-38") was too big by--you guessed it--a couple of inches. The free running tail that you pass through the triglide on the cobra buckle wasn't long enough for me to tighten down; I had to use a seam ripper and take the tags off the tail in order to give myself a few more inches of adjustment. I'll be cutting and fusing the free running tail soon due to the fact that I have it adjusted to max tightness, plus the extra after removing the tags, and the tail is a little on the long side.

TL;DR

Order to your actual waist size, as these belts have very accurate fitment.

As far as stiffness goes, the Senshi/Task Force belts are incredibly stiff, and carriage load like it's nothing. According to Ronin's website, they have discontinued the Warrior/Shooters belts in favor of the much stiffer variations. While I haven't handled a Warrior's belt, if they are anything like competing cobra buckle belts, the Ronin belt is several times stiffer than most.

Also, quick shout out: this belt is easily one of the best pieces of kit I've ever spent money on.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 08-10-18 at 09:04. Reason: grammar, clarity, shameless shill

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    The sizing charts are very accurate. They fit the waist size, not your pant size, and will hit the mid point of the adjustment with a long tail (enough to fold over). If anything, due to the fact that they are true waist size measurements, they run slightly larger than most people expect. I wear 34 inch pants to fit my thighs and booty into, with a closer to 32 or 33 inch true waist. The size M Senshi belt that I have (36"-38") was too big by--you guessed it--a couple of inches. The free running tail that you pass through the triglide on the cobra buckle wasn't long enough for me to tighten down; I had to use a seam ripper and take the tags off the tail in order to give myself a few more inches of adjustment. I'll be cutting and fusing the free running tail soon due to the fact that I have it adjusted to max tightness, plus the extra after removing the tags, and the tail is a little on the long side.

TL;DR

Order to your actual waist size, as these belts have very accurate fitment.

As far as stiffness goes, the Senshi/Task Force belts are incredibly stiff, and carriage load like it's nothing. According to Ronin's website, they have discontinued the Warrior/Shooters belts in favor of the much stiffer variations. While I haven't handled a Warrior's belt, if they are anything like competing cobra buckle belts, the Ronin belt is several times stiffer than most.

Also, quick shout out: this belt is easily one of the best pieces of kit I've ever spent money on.
    Sorry, but I am a little confused. Seems you have had the same experience. Should I be getting a medium (36-38)? Or a small (32-35)? Since it runs a few inches bigger?

I think I'm going to put my warriors belt up for sale and purchase a task force.

Feedback Score
    Measure using a tailor's tape to get your true waist size. Order based on the number that you derive. If you can get a belt in the middle to top end of that adjustment range, do so. I ordered a belt where I was at the bottom, and ended up with too much tail.

So, according to the website:

Small= 32-35"
    Medium= 36-38"

My waist measured right at 36ish inches, and was actually closer to 35, depending on where and how I took the measurement. Given that fact, I could fit the Small or the Medium belt. With the Medium, I was on the BOTTOM end of the measurement range, and therefor had a huge adjustment tail left over, because I was wearing a Medium on the Smallest settings. Were I to do it again, I'd probably get a Small, even though I would be at the TOP end of the adjustment range. I would just have a smaller tail left over.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    Measure using a tailor's tape to get your true waist size. Order based on the number that you derive. If you can get a belt in the middle to top end of that adjustment range, do so. I ordered a belt where I was at the bottom, and ended up with too much tail.

So, according to the website:

Small= 32-35"
    Medium= 36-38"

My waist measured right at 36ish inches, and was actually closer to 35, depending on where and how I took the measurement. Given that fact, I could fit the Small or the Medium belt. With the Medium, I was on the BOTTOM end of the measurement range, and therefor had a huge adjustment tail left over, because I was wearing a Medium on the Smallest settings. Were I to do it again, I'd probably get a Small, even though I would be at the TOP end of the adjustment range. I would just have a smaller tail left over.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I am a size 34 pant, but a 39" waist. I asked Ronin what to buy, and they suggested medium. Ordered a black Shuto last night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast