Thread: X3 bar

Feedback Score

X3 bar

Anyone heard of, or used this at all? I just finished up week 12 and I’ve put on almost 8 pounds of muscle. I was a little sceptical at first but as I read more about it I took the plunge and have been really impressed so far. I’ve been in contact with the inventor on social media and a lot of his research into this makes sense at least to me.

www.x3bar.com
    Last edited by graffex; 08-09-18 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    I saw this a few months back and watched the videos. A couple of thoughts:

1) Guaranteed this dude was "swole" prior to using the X3. I doubt it made him that way.

2) It notes several times on that website that this seems to be optimal when used in conjunction with free-weight exercises. Not sure if it was separate workouts or rigging the bands to the free-weights.

3) That bar seems too short for traditional pressing movements. Appears that a bench press would end up being a "close-grip" triceps exercise. I guess one could rig something up with a longer bar.

4) Similar theory (progressive resistance) like using those heavy cow chains on a barbell as you bench.

5) I would still perform pressing movements on the respective bench (incline/flat/decline) to ensure hitting the right angles.

6) Rigging up two separate "dumbbells" (obviously with less resistance on each one than the barbell setup) would take it a step further IMHO.

Appears interesting. I mulled it over a few months ago and may give it another look-see now.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    He is absolutely adamant he uses nothing but his x3 bar and was not at all built that way before using it. The chest press feels good to me and does not feel at all like a close grip bench press. No free weights necessary just follow the program and I've already noticed big result as has my wife and friends. Got the new Elite band and it is SUPER HEAVY, I was up to around 35 reps with the chest press and dead lift after 11 weeks with the heavy band and can barely do 5 with the elite band.

I also eat clean, supplement with creatine, and protein shakes everyday since I started the program. I also took before pictures to compare to down the road. I'm really enjoying it and seeing results so I'm interested to see how it progresses long term.

It's funny he actually posted a older picture of him self in his 30's he was NOT in shape and scrawny. Looks like he ate his old self 3 times over lol

Last edited by graffex; 08-10-18 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    So have you checked any free-weight exercises now that you've done the program to see if you've gained any strength in various lifts? i.e. have you improved in your bench/deadlift/squat/curls/etc.?
    Last edited by ABNAK; 08-11-18 at 07:40.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I have not as I don't have a gym membership or access to weights. I was going to buy a complete dumbbell set to workout at home but decided to purchase x3 instead and give it a go. There is absolutely zero doubt that my strength has increased significantly though. When I started I was down to 180 pounds from my heaviest of 198 pounds at 5'10" by just eating better and eliminating soda ect. I'm now up to 188 with significantly less fat, more muscle an strength since being 12 weeks into x3. My wife and lots of friends have all commented on how I look and how much more muscular I am.

When I started I could only do about 13 of the chest press and the deadlift with the heavy black band that comes with it. I got up to around 35 reps with each of those before I just moved unto the new elite heavy band which I can only do 7
    Last edited by graffex; 08-11-18 at 09:52.

Feedback Score
    finished my 16th week today and still gaining strength. This thing is no joke and the price is going to be going up soon for those on the fence of buying one. My brother just purchased it after seeing the results I have gotten. This is easily the best fitness purchase I have made, and glad I got this over dumb bell set.
    Last edited by graffex; 09-08-18 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Update? Its killing my facebook feed.

Also...what level can you achieve? Will this build me to the 1500# club, or will I need to keep actually moving iron...to move iron?

Can we get some progress pix or measurements or something?
    Last edited by WS6; 05-13-19 at 06:24.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    $550 though? These guys are making a killing off of maybe $50 in material costs haha
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    $550 though? These guys are making a killing off of maybe $50 in material costs haha
    I agree, but then, if it does as much as they allege, it saves me a shit ton of driving, which pays for itself pretty fast. I'm not holding my breath, but am paying attention to those who use it.