Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About to submit Form 1 and have a few, last minute questions...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

About to submit Form 1 and have a few, last minute questions...

It's been a while since my last submission and I have new SBR to register. I've poured over the guidelines here (very helpful and much appreciated!) and have a few questions to clear up. Patience please.

1. I'm submitting my app as Trustee and don't see where a copy (or copies) of my Trust are required. Do I need to submit a copy of my notarized Trust with the app?

2. Where 3e says to "affix recent photo here", will a paper clip serve or is clear tape what they're after?

3. Are DIY fingerprint cards being accepted or should I pay my Sherrif's office for digital prints? The want $25 for an original and $10 for an extra copy!

Thanks for the help.

amac
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I just received a trust form 1 for an SBR submitted in February.

1-I did send in 2 copies of my trust.
    2-i used double sided tape on the back of the photo
    3-We requested blank fingerprint cards right from the ATF (they sent them for free) that we kept at the range/store I worked at. They were done in the store.

I am not an expert, but we were doing form 4s in the store every week and that was the method we used, and they were approved.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    OMG! Just pulled up the NEW NFA Form-1 and realized my completed copies from last year have been revised. I had May of 2016 application to make a firearm. There is a newer one, revised August 2017. Now I need more photos!!!???
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    1. One copy of your trust should be submitted.
    2. Double-sided tape, glue stick, etc. I just print off pics at home (using passport photo app) on plain paper and put a piece of clear packaging tape over the pic to attach it.
    3. DIY prints are fine

See item#2 for recommendation to your follow-up post saying you need more photos. Remember, for an entity, the photo goes on the RPQ. So, a one person entity only uses a single photo.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    1. One copy of your trust should be submitted.
    2. Double-sided tape, glue stick, etc. I just print off pics at home (using passport photo app) on plain paper and put a piece of clear packaging tape over the pic to attach it.
    3. DIY prints are fine

See item#2 for recommendation to your follow-up post saying you need more photos. Remember, for an entity, the photo goes on the RPQ. So, a one person entity only uses a single photo.
    All good. There's a CVS near my work, so I got the photo's knocked out. For the finger prints, any ink will do or is there a specific type for fingerprinting? OfficeMax?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    All good. There's a CVS near my work, so I got the photo's knocked out. For the finger prints, any ink will do or is there a specific type for fingerprinting? OfficeMax?
    You can probably buy it locally...but I grabbed some "inkless fingerprint pads" off Amazon a couple weeks ago for ~$7/shipped. (Two different ones, about $7/ea)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    You can probably buy it locally...but I grabbed some "inkless fingerprint pads" off Amazon a couple weeks ago for ~$7/shipped. (Two different ones, about $7/ea)
    Perfect. I’ll look into it today and get some coming. Sooooo much minutiae!

Feedback Score
    You can take a picture of yourself and crop it to create your own passport photo.
    https://www.persofoto.com/upload/passport-photo
    This way you can get 4 or 6 passport photos out of a simple regular sized photograph. Cut, tape and you're good to go. You should only need two photos. One is not required for the CLEO copy.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I used the app Passport Photo Booth to get 6 passport size photos on a single page.
    Worked slick for NFA and passport renewal.
    Buckaroo

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    You can take a picture of yourself and crop it to create your own passport photo.
    https://www.persofoto.com/upload/passport-photo
    This way you can get 4 or 6 passport photos out of a simple regular sized photograph. Cut, tape and you're good to go. You should only need two photos. One is not required for the CLEO copy.
    I've got 2 copies of each app in my folder. The RPQ and the newer app "to make a firearm" both require a photo. That makes four. I'm not including photo's for the Cleo. Am I missing something?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast