Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About to submit Form 1 and have a few, last minute questions...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    I've got 2 copies of each app in my folder. The RPQ and the newer app "to make a firearm" both require a photo. That makes four. I'm not including photo's for the Cleo. Am I missing something?
    Read through the sticky, or read the instructions on the form. If you're filing as an entity, which is the only time you'd use an RPQ, you skip all the yes/no questions and the photo section on the F1/F4 and handle them on the RPQ instead.

With the RPQ, there are only two copies...one that goes to the ATF with a photo, and one that goes to a CLEO without a photo. There's not another copy that they send back to the applicant, like there is with the F1/F4.

ETA: see the "Maker's Questions" note right below the CLEO section on page 2 of the Form 1. That's why you skip it. Also see Instruction (2)(d)(3).
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 08-13-18 at 13:56.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Read? The instructions? Who has time!?!

Sum bitch. I'm usually very attentive to details. Clearly I wasn't here. Corrections were easy, but damn, I wasted $20 on pics! And those were good looking pics.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Got my rink. Filled out my cards and rolled my prints. Question, if I send more than 2 cards, will they take the best / useable 2 and discard the others? Or is that an immediate kick-back?
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Got my ink. Filled out my cards and rolled my prints. Question, if I send more than 2 cards, will they take the best / useable 2 and discard the others? Or is that an immediate kick-back?
    Last edited by amac; 08-21-18 at 07:36.

Feedback Score
    Got my rink. Filled out my cards and rolled my prints. Question, if I send more than 2 cards, will they take the best / useable 2 and discard the others? Or is that an immediate kick-back?
    Well they won't even use the cards--- so I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_capitolarmory View Post
    Well they won't even use the cards--- so I wouldn't put too much thought into it.
    Why is that?

Feedback Score
    Why is that?
    +1, joshua_capitolarmory, please fully explain what you mean. I've done the stamp thing many, many times and don't have a clue what you're attempting to convey.

Feedback Score
    They don't run AFIS or anything, just pull the basic info off of them for a NICS check. I've NEVER seen or heard of them rejecting a card based on quality, and the amount of delay's they have in error is insane. If they actually ran the prints, we wouldn't have denials based off background checks taking too long. It's a dog and pony show.

Feedback Score
    Agree, I've never heard of a card being rejected for print quality either. I have had a Form 4 kicked back for correction because the person printing my cards spelled my middle name incorrectly and I didn't notice.
    Last edited by Bret; 08-20-18 at 10:25.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_capitolarmory View Post
    They don't run AFIS or anything, just pull the basic info off of them for a NICS check. I've NEVER seen or heard of them rejecting a card based on quality, and the amount of delay's they have in error is insane. If they actually ran the prints, we wouldn't have denials based off background checks taking too long. It's a dog and pony show.
    So your saying my cards are gtg and not to worry. Thanks for clearing that up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast