Thread: Rock Island Armory's new STK100

Feedback Score

Rock Island Armory's new STK100

Essentially an aluminum-framed, Philippine-made Glock. Guess we'll see if this sinks or swims in the current market:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...armory-stk100/

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    "Patent pending clamshell design" for the frame... Meaning the frame is 2 halves screwed together.

Not my favorite feature, NGL.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Meh...

Feedback Score
    I think the last time I had a gun in which the frame consisted of two halves fastened together I was 10 years old and shooting my "Lone Ranger and Tonto" six-shooter special.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Meh...
    Double Meh...

Feedback Score
    They didn’t really talk about the two frame halves much other than to say that it was done to reduce manufacturing costs. I have to think that they’re somehow permanently attached together. Otherwise, one half or the other has to be the receiver and the other half is just a part. I have several RIA pistols including 1911 and CZ clones. They all good guns at lower prices. I’m open to buying this pistol if the price is low enough.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    They didn’t really talk about the two frame halves much other than to say that it was done to reduce manufacturing costs. I have to think that they’re somehow permanently attached together. Otherwise, one half or the other has to be the receiver and the other half is just a part. I have several RIA pistols including 1911 and CZ clones. They all good guns at lower prices. I’m open to buying this pistol if the price is low enough.
    Ruger 22 Auto (Standard, MKI, MKII, MKIII, etc.) grip frames are two stamped halves welded together.