Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vickers Tactical/Tango Down Flat Faced Triggers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Vickers Tactical/Tango Down Flat Faced Triggers

Recently Tango Down released another Larry Vickers item for the Glock. It's a flat faced trigger (trigger shoe) for the Gen 3/4 as well as the Gen 5. I ordered one for my G19 and my G19X to test out before I swap them all out. Since they have been just installed I have done nothing more than dry-fire practice. These triggers are made from polymer rather than aluminum. According to TD it is made from the same polymer as the Glock and there are no heat transfer issues.

One thing that will be a little quirky is the installation since you must remove the shoe from the trigger bar and install the new one. There are a few videos on YouTube that explain the procedure. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I will be able to get some range time and I will provide some additional information about how my particular ones are set up.

20180809_021334.jpg

20180809_022546.jpg

20180809_022542.jpg

20180809_002432.jpg

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m going to try one of these out - the price is reasonable, and I have 3 or 4 former G19 serrated trigger assemblies gathering dust. The trigger shoe swap is very easy, especially since you don’t need to preserve the old shoe. I’ve never used a flat trigger, so this looks like an affordable way to try one.

Just in case anyone cares, I was curious about how the TD website has a drop down menu to select the color of the trigger. I emailed them, and they wrote right back and said that they only have plans for black in the immediate future. They said that if they offer another color in the future, it will probably just be Glock tan.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Looks good. I may have to give these a try.

Looking forward to hearing what you think after a few range trips.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I'm definitely a fan of the flat faced trigger based on my time with the P320. I can see myself switching out to these in due time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ve had one of these installed in a Glock 19 gen 5 now for a couple weeks. I have fired 400 rounds through the 19.5 with this trigger using various drills. For ME personally this trigger does not work well. I have large hands and the way my index finger interfaces with the trigger the trigger safety hits the frame as I press through and causes a “glitch” for lack of a better word. I contacted TD about this issue and was told to use the bottom of the trigger guard as a reference point for correct finger placement, to ensure the safety doesn’t catch on the frame. Using their recommendation does correct the problem, but for me it takes a conscious effort to ensure just the right placement on the trigger. This is a deal breaker for me as I am not willing to swap out all my Glock triggers and train for that very specific muscle memory. For what it’s worth I compared the TD trigger to a standard trigger slow firing at a B-8 standing from 25 yards and could tell no significant improvement in my groupings. As always YMMV.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great feedback, Dirk. That will be something to look out for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought one but haven't installed it yet. Is the trigger safety on yours really hard to depress? I'm thinking mine might be defective.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    I’ve had one of these installed in a Glock 19 gen 5 now for a couple weeks. I have fired 400 rounds through the 19.5 with this trigger using various drills. For ME personally this trigger does not work well. I have large hands and the way my index finger interfaces with the trigger the trigger safety hits the frame as I press through and causes a “glitch” for lack of a better word. I contacted TD about this issue and was told to use the bottom of the trigger guard as a reference point for correct finger placement, to ensure the safety doesn’t catch on the frame. Using their recommendation does correct the problem, but for me it takes a conscious effort to ensure just the right placement on the trigger. This is a deal breaker for me as I am not willing to swap out all my Glock triggers and train for that very specific muscle memory. For what it’s worth I compared the TD trigger to a standard trigger slow firing at a B-8 standing from 25 yards and could tell no significant improvement in my groupings. As always YMMV.
    I had a trigger from Suarez that had the same problem. Contacted them and was told to take a small file and make a few pass on the frame. Apparently, the Glocks does vary on tolerance. The trick worked. The glitch disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Any final word on these? Have all the issues, if any, been resolved?

I ask because I was initially interested in picking one up. Generally, all Vickers accessories for Glock are outstanding. I was hesitant, however, due to the reports of issues with this trigger not functioning 100 percent. If the kinks have been worked out I would be interested in trying one.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've had one in my Polymer 80 for about two years. Mine came with a factory Glock trigger bar already installed. I like it and have never had any issues. David

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast