Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galil Ace factory SBR's are now available

Feedback Score

Galil Ace factory SBR's are now available

They're not listed on IWI's website, but Galil Ace factory SBR's are now available. The part numbers are:
    GAR39SBR for the 7.62x39 version
    GAR51SBR for the 7.62x51 version
    GAR556SBR for the 5.56x45 version

You can search these part numbers on gun.deals to see who has them available. The 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 versions were first to ship, but the 5.56x45 version is now available.

I have an Ace pistol in 5.56x45 that I have received a stamp for. While I was waiting for the stamp, I found out that IWI isn't yet offering the factory buttstock assemblies and someone at IWI told me they'd be making factory SBR's, so I held off on making it. So, I'll have to cancel the approved Form 1. Meanwhile, I placed an order for one.

Feedback Score
    My 5.56x45 Galil Ace arrived at my dealer today.

It looks as good as I imagined it would. Now I just have to choose an optic. There's plenty of time for that because it's now waiting in ATF jail.

Feedback Score
    Guys, this one may look the same, but it's not. I found an auction on GunBroker for a factory SBR 7.62x39 Ace for $1170 shipped. I bought it because I just couldn't pass on it at that price. It just came in to my dealer on Friday and looks identical except in the magazine well area.

It will be interesting to see how the 5.56x45 and 7.62x39 Aces compare to each other. I'm also looking forward to seeing how this one compares to my 553R. Fun times ahead...

Feedback Score
    I finally got the 5.56x45 Ace SBR home yesterday.

I’ll start with a Mepro M21 optic and see how it works on this rifle.

Feedback Score
    And now I have the 7.62x39 SBR home.

Besides the obvious differences in the lower to accommodate the different chamberings, there are some other notable differences. The pistol grips are different, the trigger guards are different, the 5.56x45 has a brass deflector between the ejection port & handguard and the 7.62x39 has an additional piece behind the flash hider which I'm guessing is to reverse the barrel's left hand threading. Interestingly, the Aces imported to the US have full rails while the ones shown on IWI's website don't.
    https://iwi.net/ace/
    Of course I'd gladly trade the full rail for a fun switch, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 07-09-20 at 14:10.

Feedback Score
    Yes and I prefer the smaller handguards of the SLR-106UR. Unfortunately, the one I had was very unreliable. The build quality (fit & finish) of the Ace is in a league well beyond that of the SLR-106UR as well. And of course there's the rail that the Ace has.

Feedback Score
    I had to Form 1 this one because IWI didn't offer it as a factory SBR, but here's my 5.45x39 Galil Ace SBR.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wish the price point on the ACE was a bit lower, years back when they were first announced I was under the impression that they’d actually be a bit cheaper than a Tavor. Which obviously turned out to not be the case. I would kind of like a 7.62x39 model in order to have a more modernized weapon in that caliber and using AK mags.

One thing that always puzzled me about the ACE though was IWI’s decision to not use a stock tube that was compatible with AR stocks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wish the price point on the ACE was a bit lower, years back when they were first announced I was under the impression that they’d actually be a bit cheaper than a Tavor. Which obviously turned out to not be the case. I would kind of like a 7.62x39 model in order to have a more modernized weapon in that caliber and using AK mags.

One thing that always puzzled me about the ACE though was IWI’s decision to not use a stock tube that was compatible with AR stocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast