Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noob owner seeks guidance re: making my Colt range-ready.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Watching these now - excellent content, thank you my friend.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Watching these now - excellent content, thank you my friend.
    I didnt realize Univibe had resurrected this thread, clearly it has been sometime since you first posted this! I am positive that your 1.5 years of membership here has been a valuable experience for learning about your AR!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I didnt realize Univibe had resurrected this thread, clearly it has been sometime since you first posted this! I am positive that your 1.5 years of membership here has been a valuable experience for learning about your AR!
    I missed that too.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:48.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Now, having said all this, I only clean my AR once in a blue moon.

Right now my 6920 is sterilized; boredom from Covid shut-in resulted in a two hour session on the workbench, with the procedure I set out above. Not even a coronavirus could survive on the bare metal of my 6920.

But my main AR is a 20 year old A2. It hardly ever gets cleaned. The last time I cleaned it, was last fall during the baseball playoffs. It has been shot much since then, and is the default gun when I take a group shooting.

ARs do not need to be cleaned, unless exterior dirt gets in. Google "filthy 14" and "cleaning your ar-15 is pretty much a waste of time." What I will do is keep adding oil. AR will run dirty and wet.

Any gun I depend on for my life gets cleaned and function checked. But if you told me that in three minutes I'd be in the LA Riots, and I had to grab my A2 and go, I would have 100% confidence.

Public service announcement: do NOT allow any oil on ammo or in the chamber. This causes an increase in bolt thrust and is bad news.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 05-24-20 at 16:51.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123