G&R Tactical

Thread: FN 15 Tactical series...pinned gas blocks?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

FN 15 Tactical series...pinned gas blocks?

Can anybody advise of the gas blocks on the FN Tactical II and/or the Tactical FDE P Lok have pinned low profile gas blocks or they are set screw only?

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Can anybody advise of the gas blocks on the FN Tactical II and/or the Tactical FDE P Lok have pinned low profile gas blocks or they are set screw only?
    Is the answer going to influence your decision to purchase or just satisfy your curiosity? Six of one vs a half dozen of the other.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Is the answer going to influence your decision to purchase or just satisfy your curiosity? Six of one vs a half dozen of the other.
    How are my motives of any consequence?

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    How are my motives of any consequence?
    They aren't to me. My point is... Set screws or pins offer no advantage over each other if installed properly. Sounds like yo want to start a fight.... Color me out of here. Pick a fight with someone else.

Feedback Score
    The original FN 15 Tactical MLOK had a screwed on gas block. The newer Tactical II model (36312-01) has a pinned gas block.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    They aren't to me. My point is... Set screws or pins offer no advantage over each other if installed properly. Sounds like yo want to start a fight.... Color me out of here. Pick a fight with someone else.
    Yea they do.....set screws are a bad joint regardless of how executed. Roll pins are a good design in the ones I have seen. Even if you dimple the barrel and rockset the screws, they ARE coming loose someday. With a proper roll pin or taper pin....never coming loose.