Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FN 15 Tactical series...pinned gas blocks?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

FN 15 Tactical series...pinned gas blocks?

Can anybody advise of the gas blocks on the FN Tactical II and/or the Tactical FDE P Lok have pinned low profile gas blocks or they are set screw only?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Can anybody advise of the gas blocks on the FN Tactical II and/or the Tactical FDE P Lok have pinned low profile gas blocks or they are set screw only?
    Is the answer going to influence your decision to purchase or just satisfy your curiosity? Six of one vs a half dozen of the other.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Is the answer going to influence your decision to purchase or just satisfy your curiosity? Six of one vs a half dozen of the other.
    How are my motives of any consequence?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    How are my motives of any consequence?
    They aren't to me. My point is... Set screws or pins offer no advantage over each other if installed properly. Sounds like yo want to start a fight.... Color me out of here. Pick a fight with someone else.

Feedback Score
    The original FN 15 Tactical MLOK had a screwed on gas block. The newer Tactical II model (36312-01) has a pinned gas block.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    They aren't to me. My point is... Set screws or pins offer no advantage over each other if installed properly. Sounds like yo want to start a fight.... Color me out of here. Pick a fight with someone else.
    Yea they do.....set screws are a bad joint regardless of how executed. Roll pins are a good design in the ones I have seen. Even if you dimple the barrel and rockset the screws, they ARE coming loose someday. With a proper roll pin or taper pin....never coming loose.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have never seen properly installed set screw block come loose and I am not the only one. Every BCM, SIONICS, SOLGW and several other companies that make these type of upper use almost identical installation procedures and they aren't falling apart.

We have demo guns and my personal guns with 10 of thousands of round on them and they are still running 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by nksmfamjp View Post
    Yea they do.....set screws are a bad joint regardless of how executed. Roll pins are a good design in the ones I have seen. Even if you dimple the barrel and rockset the screws, they ARE coming loose someday. With a proper roll pin or taper pin....never coming loose.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We can’t have preference anymore? The guy was asking for info. Not opinion. Didn’t look like he was starting a debate either.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJflyer View Post
    The original FN 15 Tactical MLOK had a screwed on gas block. The newer Tactical II model (36312-01) has a pinned gas block.
    Thanks for the response.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    We can’t have preference anymore? The guy was asking for info. Not opinion. Didn’t look like he was starting a debate either.
    Guess not when the small clique of the same talking heads that never leave this place think EVERYTHING is a chance to throw weight around. What a **** show.

Amazed I actually got an answer given the tone the first reply set.

LOCK it down...
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 08-16-18 at 22:50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast