G&R Tactical

Thread: Entering the ar-10 market, any feedback on the dd5v1?

Feedback Score

Entering the ar-10 market, any feedback on the dd5v1?

I need a ar in 308 for heavy division in 2&3 gun matches, its either the dd5v1 or lmt mws because i want to buy quality and want to buy once. Im not well educated in the ar10 or 308, so any pointers, feedback, or education is much appreciated. I want something that will run with 168 grain ball 7.62, nothing special as that will be my main round for just practice and matches and want a rifle that runs like a sowing machine. Id rather have more reliability over moa accuracy. So someone steer me away or towards these two companies for ar-10, any help helps thanks guys

Feedback Score
    LMT would be the gold standard (unless you step up to a KAC SR25). No experience with the DD. Check out SOLGW for good 308 options as well. I have one on the way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    A buddy of mine has one. He added a lantac break to it and it was a nice soft shooting 308. He had a strike eagle on it then he went and got a 4-16 I think. He used it more to hit out at long range as opposed to a battle rifle. It was a nice rifle. I didnít care for the furniture on it but thatís me. I have a colt Marc 901 I like.

Feedback Score
    I would go LMT over the DD. Lots of good feedback on the LMT on this site.

Feedback Score
    The DD .308 guns could evolve a little more. I expect them to be better in the future, they have a lot of potential with what they do.
    I would seriously look at what you plan on doing with this as an end goal, then choose the KAC, LMT, or HK offering that fits the end result best.
    A lot of guys are satisfied with the LMT 16" LW chrome lined offering. Just depends on what you want to do?

Feedback Score
    66 (99%)
    LMT MWS. I have never regretted the purchase.

If I had to do it again, I’d still pick the LMT.