Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Entering the ar-10 market, any feedback on the dd5v1?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I feel very qualified to speak on this since I owned a DD5V1 up until last week. I ONLY sold it to step into a KAC SR-25 ACC. The DD is an EXCELLENT gun. I liked everything about it. It’s a 1/11 twist, do it shoots the Federal 168 GMM fantastically. Always sub MOA. It’s light, super reliable, can’t recall any problems with it. It was seriously the last gun I thought I’d sell. I just got into a KAC SR-25 for a great price from a buddy who has several, and I had to see what all the hype is about. Nothing I didn’t like about the DD. If you go that route, I’d be surprised if you didn’t enjoy it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Personally, if you want real firepower, I would drop the R and just get an A-10

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Personally, if you want real firepower, I would drop the R and just get an A-10

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    I like this.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Seekins or GA Precision would be my first pic. I really like the quasi-monolithic upper (rail mounts to upper not barrel/barrel nut). I personally think this is one of the most often overlooked aspects of precision Ar-10’s. I would also suggest an OBR over the DD. Its a very accurate and proven design.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The DD used a barrel bolt up VERY SIMILAR to the Larue OBR. There is no “barrel nut”. The barrel uses a flange and there are 4 bolts that hold the rail to the barrel flange to the upper receiver. It’s a super solid system. It looks very much “inspired” by Larue. I’ve shot mine for years, and never had one accuracy complaint.

I took the NRA Precision Rifle Instructor School with mine. Shot Federal GMM 168’s through the entire class and did absolutely fine. Is it as refined as my new KAC? No..... but it isn’t priced like it either.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    The DD used a barrel bolt up VERY SIMILAR to the Larue OBR. There is no “barrel nut”. The barrel uses a flange and there are 4 bolts that hold the rail to the barrel flange to the upper receiver. It’s a super solid system. It looks very much “inspired” by Larue. I’ve shot mine for years, and never had one accuracy complaint.

I took the NRA Precision Rifle Instructor School with mine. Shot Federal GMM 168’s through the entire class and did absolutely fine. Is it as refined as my new KAC? No..... but it isn’t priced like it either.
    You'd think I would've googled the DD5 prior to posting that lol. Yep it sure does use that same type of mounting "system"!

Feedback Score
    DD is doing some things that I am interested in, but for these, I'm looking to see some more development in other places.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Bobby, the LMT is the gold standard for reliability. It is a bit gassy if running suppressed, which I do, but I still love it. I run 147 grain ball ammo MEN from Germany and slap steel to a 1,000 yards, but with great success to 750. Quality ammo do what you wish.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Any reason the LaRue guns aren’t more popular? By all accounts they are exceptional performers. I’ve been eyeballing a PredatOBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Any reason the LaRue guns aren’t more popular? By all accounts they are exceptional performers. I’ve been eyeballing a PredatOBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From my experience, lots of popped primers and stuck cases. The rifle was accurate, but, reliability went to shit when it got hot.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast