Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics Extreme Reduced Gas Port Barrel, Range Report

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I am pretty sure we tell people (or it's on the website) that an ERGP will not run without a suppressor. It was made specifically in mind for those who are going to be shooting suppressed.

The RGP barrels should be available very soon. What's on the website is simply a precaution for those who want to call every 48 hours.
    Roger that, boss.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Why give that turd the time of day?
    Well the turd, for one, appreciates the effort.

ETA: If you're referring to the question I posed, rather than to me, the person, allow me to explain:

We band-aid overgassed guns by increasing the functional mass of the bolt carrier, do we not? Would it not, then, make sense to "band-aid" an "undergassed" gun by reducing the functional mass of the bolt carrier? Therefore running a standard three-steel, zero-tungsten weight carbine buffer weight, instead of an H or H2.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 12-18-18 at 11:59.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Roger that, boss.

Well the turd, for one, appreciates the effort.

ETA: If you're referring to the question I posed, rather than to me, the person, allow me to explain:

We band-aid overgassed guns by increasing the functional mass of the bolt carrier, do we not? Would it not, then, make sense to "band-aid" an "undergassed" gun by reducing the functional mass of the bolt carrier? Therefore running a standard three-steel, zero-tungsten weight carbine buffer weight, instead of an H or H2.
    LOL, I was referring to the standard carbine buffer, sorry for the confusion.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I probably don't know enough to know what I don't know, but...

If I wanted something to run with decent brass-cased 223 and 5.56, no steel case, and no can... I'm guessing I won't be able to get an ERGP to run reliably and I should just wait for the regular RGP barrels to be available again?
    I just built mine and it runs unsuppressed with a JP Full Mass carrier and H2 Silent Captured Spring. With the ASR muzzle brake it shoots ridiculously soft. The can speeds up the carrier velocity and brings it right into the sweet spot (subjectively).

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I find the normal Sionics 11.5” barrel pleasant to shoot unsuppressed with the h2 buffer. Not sure how it does with a suppressor since I don’t own one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well Papabear...

It is because of you, this thread, MarkM, and IG that I just ordered an Extreme Reduced Gas Port complete upper from Sionics.

I intend to put a direct thread GemTech Trek-T can on it as a dedicated suppressed upper.

Can’t wait to get it and shoot it. Thanks for the good intel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    As many of you know, Sionics is now making a True suppressor ready barrel. Mark did a measurement of the port and it looks to be in the 062 range. I have two SBR's and ran them side by side. Both have A5 and LMT enhanced carriers. Both have Vltor monolithic uppers and AAC M4-2K cans. The first runs with the original 11.5 RGP barrel by Sionics, it runs very well and throws the brass slightly forward in the 2-2:30 range. A little hot as one would expect with the AAC can and all. Runs 100% flawless, no complaints.

Gun two with ERGP Sionics barrel and it ran as would be expected, a little smoother. Tossing brass in the 3-3:30 range and a bit softer. I was most impressed with this barrel. It is not supposed to run ammo without a can but we were able to run Blackhills and "Mark-hills" loads getting lock-back some of the time but not all the time. Also, the gun was cleaned and freshly greased. Which tells me this barrel is ported perfectly to run a can. I don't want a barrel that runs so soft it becomes unreliable at anytime under any condition. I was a bit worried it would shoot great at the expense of reliability, not going to be the case.

If you are going too run your SBR suppressed, and you want a 11.5 barrel, this is one great option. I honestly wished my other 11.5 was the newer barrel. I don't think I would call it Extreme RGP barrel, I would call it the perfect GP barrel. Its ideal not extreme.

We were busy running a new load of 178 ELD's for the LMT MWS, so we didn't give it as much time as we will next week, running more types of ammo and maybe some lowers without A5 and enhanced carriers. More data to follow, and any request let us know. Also, we will do some accuracy testing for shits and giggles. Even thought I think 2 to 3 MOA is fine for a 11.5 SBR, I always like better.

Again, more data to follow.

PB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    IG, PB, Markm,

The complete Sionics ERGP upper I ordered will be here tomorrow.

I will not be running an A5 system, just a standard carbine RE setup.

I do have several H, H2 and H3 buffers and a blue Sprinco spring available.

Can you suggest a good combo for a starting point with this upper and a Gemtech Trek T can?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I am pretty sure we tell people (or it's on the website) that an ERGP will not run without a suppressor. It was made specifically in mind for those who are going to be shooting suppressed.

The RGP barrels should be available very soon. What's on the website is simply a precaution for those who want to call every 48 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I believe it still runs with an H in that configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    IG, PB, Markm,

The complete Sionics ERGP upper I ordered will be here tomorrow.

I will not be running an A5 system, just a standard carbine RE setup.

I do have several H, H2 and H3 buffers and a blue Sprinco spring available.

Can you suggest a good combo for a starting point with this upper and a Gemtech Trek T can?

Thanks for the help.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Based on our sample of one... WITH the can on, I'd start with H2 because it's supposed to be the closest to the A5/Rifle. H should work great too, H3 might be a tad heavy. Each set up is its own animal though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It really depends what you want to run. I’d try an H2 then go down if needed. I think it will run with anything just what recoil impulse makes a brother happy.

You will like it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks gents.

Standard spring, no Sprinco blue? I’m sure I’ll experiment at some point.

I’m sure I’ll like it. This is the suppressed solution I’ve been seeking for quite sometime now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    It really depends what you want to run. I’d try an H2 then go down if needed. I think it will run with anything just what recoil impulse makes a brother happy.

You will like it.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast