Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics Extreme Reduced Gas Port Barrel, Range Report

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Received the upper today. I was able to clean, inspect, and get out ton shoot about 75 rounds.

Very happy with the product. Immediately out of the box you can tell it’s quality. The V3 Mlok rail is very nice.

BCG is a BCM FDE IonBond I had as an extra.
    CH is a BCM GF Mod 4
    Optic: Aimpoint Pro
    Can: GemTech Trek T
    Lower: Colt M4 (complete lower from Brownells)

Put in an H2 with a standard carbine spring. Temperature was about 28 degrees. Ammo was a mix of Federal XM193, Wolf Gold and Magtech 62 gr FMJ.

Shot awesome. Nice soft, recoil impulse. Brass ejected about 6 ft. Between 2:45 and 3:15. Once it warmed up, consistently at 3:15.

Didn’t try to shoot for accuracy, only quick zero at 50 yds with Pro and BUIS. Decent groups.

Look forward to more time with this. Might look at a Radian Raptor SD charging handle for the gas. Anybody have one? Do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Based on our sample of one... WITH the can on, I'd start with H2 because it's supposed to be the closest to the A5/Rifle. H should work great too, H3 might be a tad heavy. Each set up is its own animal though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Running two different configurations with mine. Thing runs great. Need to shoot it at 100 and beyond now.
    Basic overview and some test firing:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stxbordergun View Post
    Running two different configurations with mine. Thing runs great. Need to shoot it at 100 and beyond now.
    I’m surprised it runs .223 unsuppressed.

This is the ERGP, not the RGP?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post

ERGP.

I dont know how long it would stay reliable unsuppressed with the full weight carrier/H2. Although it was plenty lubed the cycling already felt sluggish from the low gas drive. Ill bet it wont lock back on steel cased ammo.

The low gas drive is also why I decided to experiment with a light buffer and light weight carrier. That config shot so amazingly soft. Also figure in the muzzle brake too.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Thanks for posting that up.

Quote Originally Posted by stxbordergun View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I didn’t try to shoot my ERGP upper unsuppressed yesterday as my intent is to leave the can on all the time.

I’m going to try to hit the range again this afternoon and I’ll try it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Received the upper today. I was able to clean, inspect, and get out ton shoot about 75 rounds.

Very happy with the product. Immediately out of the box you can tell it’s quality. The V3 Mlok rail is very nice.
    No doubt. When Pappabear showed me his, I had to get one too.

Put in an H2 with a standard carbine spring. Temperature was about 28 degrees. Ammo was a mix of Federal XM193, Wolf Gold and Magtech 62 gr FMJ.

Shot awesome. Nice soft, recoil impulse. Brass ejected about 6 ft. Between 2:45 and 3:15. Once it warmed up, consistently at 3:15.
    You'll never be able to put up with an over-gassed SBR again.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    More range time today.

First order of business was to try it without the can.

It cycled with both Wolf Gold and MagTech 62 gr FMJ. I could feel the BCG had barely enough momentum to cycle but it did. Brass “fluttered” out about 4 ft and 4 o’clock.

Considering the cold temperature (about 30 degrees) and the H2, I think this is just about right.

Shot about another 100 rounds without a hiccup.

The ONLY disappointing thing is, oddly, the limited rotation QD sockets ( 3 and 9 o’clock) on the rail don’t work. I’m not crazy. It’s like they didn’t get back bored enough vs rail thickness. I didn’t use a sling yesterday but did today. I thought the front was locked in and when I took about five steps the swivel popped out and I barely caught the gun before it hit the ground. It’s a Vickers BFG sling. Came home and tried several other rail QD sockets on other rails. Locked in fine. Other swivels would not lock on the V3.

I may or may not contact Sionics about it. I usually don’t use the QD sockets on the receiver end of the rail. I like them more forward. But it is convenient to have them. May just buy a Magpul mlok QD mount and call it good.

Most important is the thing runs great.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Please do contact us. It's the only way an issue can get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    More range time today.

First order of business was to try it without the can.

It cycled with both Wolf Gold and MagTech 62 gr FMJ. I could feel the BCG had barely enough momentum to cycle but it did. Brass “fluttered” out about 4 ft and 4 o’clock.

Considering the cold temperature (about 30 degrees) and the H2, I think this is just about right.

Shot about another 100 rounds without a hiccup.

The ONLY disappointing thing is, oddly, the limited rotation QD sockets ( 3 and 9 o’clock) on the rail don’t work. I’m not crazy. It’s like they didn’t get back bored enough vs rail thickness. I didn’t use a sling yesterday but did today. I thought the front was locked in and when I took about five steps the swivel popped out and I barely caught the gun before it hit the ground. It’s a Vickers BFG sling. Came home and tried several other rail QD sockets on other rails. Locked in fine. Other swivels would not lock on the V3.

I may or may not contact Sionics about it. I usually don’t use the QD sockets on the receiver end of the rail. I like them more forward. But it is convenient to have them. May just buy a Magpul mlok QD mount and call it good.

Most important is the thing runs great.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post

My ERGP barrel will cycle with Federal XM223SP1, rifle spring and A5H2 buffer but will not always lock back on empty. Still very soft shooting, but surprised me as well.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast