Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics Extreme Reduced Gas Port Barrel, Range Report

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    In my opinion, the RGP is gassed just right for NO suppressor. The ERGP is gassed perfectly for dedicated suppression. It will barely run with no can.
    I would echo this comment and add. RGP is gassed just right with no suppressor, but still much better than many barrels you might buy from other companies.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    Very much appreciate the report on these barrels as I am about to "pull the trigger" on one.

Curious as to what sort of accuracy potential you think it has and what type of sight(s) are you running on it.
    I would bet we could squeeze 1.5 MOA - 2 MOA. I have a red dot but will toss a 4x ACOG or maybe smoother optic to test accuracy. Accuracy is not the focus of 11.5 barrels, but we will check it out. I might also try some 50 yard accuracy as that is a more realistic range for SBR's.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    How do these gas port sizes (RGP & Extreme RGP) compare to the Colt FBI HRT heavy 11.5" barrels. I seem to recall the Colt barrels were approximately .070. Does that sound about right?

Also, do we know who provides the barrel blanks for Sionics? If the company considers it a trade secret I respect that.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aegis305 View Post
    How do these gas port sizes (RGP & Extreme RGP) compare to the Colt FBI HRT heavy 11.5" barrels. I seem to recall the Colt barrels were approximately .070. Does that sound about right?

Also, do we know who provides the barrel blanks for Sionics? If the company considers it a trade secret I respect that.

Thank you.
    Well if the HRT barrel is .070 then it is like the RGP barrel. The Extreme has a much smaller port. Colt isn't making barrels that won't run well without a suppressor. Theirs needs to be like the RGP barrel. with or without can.

PB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aegis305 View Post
    No idea. When I saw how nice Pappabears original RGP was, I bought one right away. The Chrome lining job looked beautiful. I don't think I've even shot mine for accuracy. I just zeroed it since it's a home defense gun... Never occurred to me to shoot groups. We'll probably do some of that with the ERGP just because we're playing with it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Interesting. I am working on a 12.5, and plan on putting a 1-6 or 1-8 on it and shooting it as far as my land allows. I expect it to shoot 1-1.5moa just like the 14.5's. Are people saying "something happens" to make the shorter barrels less accurate? I've never observed it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Interesting. I am working on a 12.5, and plan on putting a 1-6 or 1-8 on it and shooting it as far as my land allows. I expect it to shoot 1-1.5moa just like the 14.5's. Are people saying "something happens" to make the shorter barrels less accurate? I've never observed it.
    I take my 12.5s out to 600 regularly. Teaches you to call wind really well. I have a NF atacr 1-8 on one and a vortex 1-6 on my hodge 12.5. I havent taken a 11.5 out past 500 yet, but that's because both my sionics rgp 11.5 sbrs are defending my house haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I expect it to shoot 1-1.5moa just like the 14.5's. Are people saying "something happens" to make the shorter barrels less accurate? I've never observed it.
    I don't think that's what people are saying. We expecet MOA out of every barrel we get when using good ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Are people saying "something happens" to make the shorter barrels less accurate? I've never observed it.
    I think most people equate the shorter barrels to CQB/Home Defense distances and really haven't shot out past 100/150 with them. Kyle Defoor regularly shoots an 11.5 mini-recce out to distance. I have 10.3, 11.5, 12.5, 14.5, 14.7 and 16 inch barreled carbines and my preference is for my 12.5" Hodge gun. It is pretty much the jack of all trades/master of none upper for me, great out to 5/600 and just as good in the shoot house with minimal velocity drop from a 14.5" gun and really good suppressed. I run my Hodge 12.5" with an Aimpoint Comp M5 and Aimpoint 3X Magnifier. My LPVO's sit on my 14.5 and longer guns.
    Last edited by drtywk; 08-14-18 at 15:01.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yea I think so few people have appropriate optics for distance, no for shooting tight groups on 11.5 and below. That's red dot land. But have done it before and will pop something on it Sunday just for the record.

Shorter barrels are not inherently inaccurate.

PB

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast