Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics Extreme Reduced Gas Port Barrel, Range Report

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Thats odd, Centurion gas ports have always been on the larger side

0.069" for 14.5" Carbine and 0.080" for 16" Mid when I called them.
    He's referring to the 12.5" I believe. I believe you are correct in those length configurations (and is also consistent with Default.mp3's chart). Pretty sure JWK mentioned his 14.5 recce middy was 0.079 as well in that thread.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Range report

I took my 11.5 ERGP barely out today. I took an atlas off my 5R that very loosely fit on the gun, sloppy as hell. Then proceeded to attempt groups. Mark shot our 77 grain load and did just over MOA, I took a 69 grain SMK batch and shot MOA. The gun was wobbly as hell and had a 8X scope with dots for aiming targets, much less than ideal and I shot MOA. Three shots were in one cluster. Mark has a pic to post.

Bottom line, these barrels have MOA potential. In the worst conditions I shot MOA and I know was not stable. Rest assured, accuracy is not going to prevent you from buying one of these barrels. They are gassed beautiffly and shoot. Just the facts ma'am. If you run cans all the time as I do, you should give these a hard look if your in the market.

Mark took a pic of the group if he can get it posted.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-19-18 at 16:40.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Appreciate the follow up.

Regardless of the exact group size the flawless functioning is very appealing.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    Appreciate the follow up.

Regardless of the exact group size the flawless functioning is very appealing.
    Well Im glad its appreciated because we got our asses scalded today. It was so damn hot and HUMID I felt I needed to whine like a little b! But yes, function over group size is what this barrel is about.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Well Im glad its appreciated because we got our asses scalded today. It was so damn hot and HUMID I felt I needed to whine like a little b! But yes, function over group size is what this barrel is about.

PB
    It was only 112 F here today, so I spent the day loading for the early morning range trip. DS opens at 6 AM and I'm done by 9 AM usually, retreating to the A/C for the remainder of the day.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well Im glad its appreciated because we got our asses scalded today. It was so damn hot and HUMID I felt I needed to whine like a little b! ...

PB
    Come north a bit and we can compare our Sionics barrels in cooler temps! High of 58 here in WY today.

Feedback Score
    Update

We are going to drill more of these in the next few weeks for back stock. Ive reserved 3 for URG builds though. If you want one, call the shop and ask for Steve.

Thanks for the feedback PB. Hopefully Mark will post a target pic soon.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    As many of you know, Sionics is now making a True suppressor ready barrel. Mark did a measurement of the port and it looks to be in the 062 range. I have two SBR's and ran them side by side. Both have A5 and LMT enhanced carriers.

PB

PB,

Are you running a standard LMT bolt or one of Sionics bolt completion kits in your LMT e-carriers?
    Thx

RTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Here is the group of 69 gr SMKs Pappabear shot. Just at or slightly over MOA.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...76#post1133576

Funny how times change.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    JM2CW. If it were me, I would want my AR to function with or without a suppressor-regardless of what I was intending to do with it.

I would have the port opened up. Again, that's me.
    I was doing this seven years ago with the exact same port size (+/- 0.001") and people were like

I found the moderately reduced felt recoil and mildly reduced gas blowback not worth the requirement of running suppressed 100% of the time for solid reliability.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-21-18 at 06:40.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast