Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advantage arms forward charging?

Feedback Score

Advantage arms forward charging?

Thoughts regarding the AA forward charging upper? I know what comes with questions like this from ar purists. I am enjoying the ar platform but can’t help but think about a few of the ergonomics that could be updated since it’s inception. Like the ability to reach forward to failure check vs using a t-Rex hand to perform a function.

I got a 22 conversion a while back and the most recent experience with cheap bulk 22 ammo got me thinking. I had multiple fte/ftf issues with that ammo. Yes... get better ammo. But the ergonomics of clearing woke me up to some issues. I’m a south paw, so some issues are rectified and some are exacerbated. And yes training solves a lot of that too. But that doesn’t take away from design upgrades.

Example the gear box. It used to be on the steering column. Then the Center consul. Then to paddles. All with out changing the overall design. Still 4 wheels/steering/engine/frame/etc. It takes one idea to spark a revolution

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've on seen a couple of demos online and it seems acceptable to me. I have a side-charger which I really like. Sometimes I can hear purists in the forest cryin' at night.

Feedback Score
    Upside/downside of forums right?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Do you really think adding wings to the front of your gun and a giant slot on each side for debris to enter is an upgrade?

Feedback Score
    Not sure. But your hand is already on the forward rail. My Hera arms triarii has one. Works well. Rotate your wrist and charge/clear. It would work even better if I wasn’t a south paw. .

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Maybe on a range toy...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by essray View Post
    Not sure. But your hand is already on the forward rail. My Hera arms triarii has one. Works well. Rotate your wrist and charge/clear. It would work even better if I wasn’t a south paw. .

I'm seeing a pattern here.

Feedback Score
    Yeah. Asking if anyone has tried the AA upper and their options

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get a Mp5

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    Get a Mp5
    Or a HK93. Its an OK weapon, despite its flaws.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast