Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: AR 15 pistol questions

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkpugs View Post
    Exactly what does being a better shooter have to do with anything .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Because while you guys are out worrying about pistols and stuff, he is out shooting what may or may not be legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    That made absolutely no sense whatsoever . The op was looking for grown up advice and several people gave pros and cons on at pistols then children got involved and hijacked the topic . Where I live there are no disadvantages 30 miles south it's not legal ,that is what he needed to know not how good someone else can shoot cor suck or anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter37 View Post
    Because while you guys are out worrying about pistols and stuff, he is out shooting what may or may not be legal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkpugs View Post
    That made absolutely no sense whatsoever . The op was looking for grown up advice and several people gave pros and cons on AR pistols then children got involved and hijacked the topic . Where I live there are no disadvantages 30 miles south it's not legal ,that is what he needed to know not how good someone else can shoot cor suck or anything else.

Feedback Score

This thread is not about his skills...
    And last I checked he wasnt shooting anything - he was destroying it to comply with the local laws of the place he was going to live...
    Much like the OP.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    And last I checked he wasnt shooting anything - he was destroying it to comply with the local laws of the place he was going to live...
    Much like the OP.
    Stalk him much?

You guys worry about way too much.

DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Lol I like this post

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Much like the OP.
    He’s moved past that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    I am, for the first time, seriously considering swaping my 16" AR15 carbine for an 11.5" AR15 pistol, however I am still unsure of a couple of BATFE / NFA issues. I've tried finding definitive answers both here and on-line, but I'm still confused. I have read the initial "redesign" letter of 2012, and the revised clarification latter of 2017 (I believe this is the date), but if a letter can change the law, that doesn't give me much confidence in future clarification letters from future administrations.

While the future is always in flux, I want this project to be 200% legal today. Any doubt or gray area and I abort.

Specifically...

1) Can a person legally shoulder a brace-equipped AR15 pistol? Not incidental use, not accidental use, not once in a blue moon use, but whenever the mood strikes?
    Yes, you may shoulder a pistol equipped with an arm brace. What you may not do is modify the brace in a way that it can only be used as a shoulder stock.

2) If yes to the above, are there specific braces that would allow this, and are there specific braces that would not allow this?
    To the best of my knowledge, the BATF does not prohibit any arm brace, or other device attached to a pistol, from being shouldered. A shoulder stock on a pistol without the proper paperwork is prohibited whether it's shouldered or not.

4) Can I place a 16" upper (taken off a carbine) onto a pistol lower?
    Yes.

5) If #4 is a yes, can I have my 11.5" AR15 pistol upper that I have removed from the pistol lower in the same house as a carbine lower if they remain un-attached (I know I cannot mount the pistol upper on the carbine lower without first obtaining all the NFA SBR paperwork).
    Yes, with a caveat. You may not have a combination of parts that can only be assembled in a prohibited configuration. For example, if you have a rifle upper, a rifle lower and a pistol upper, you are not in violation of the law as you can assemble the rifle upper and rifle lower in a lawful configuration. However, if (for example) you had a rifle case with a cutout in the form of an SBR, even if you never assemble the rifle with the pistol upper, it could be argued you intended to violate the law.

If you have a rifle lower and a pistol upper, you are in violation of constructive intent.

In your case, as long as you do not assemble your uppers and lowers in a prohibited configuration, you will not be in violation of the law

For specifics, search for the results of the lawsuit Thompson brought against the ATF and the letters the agency issued as a result.

Moonshot, just ignore the babushkas purse fighting in your thread. It's not how ArmyChief would have us behave.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Just remember AC served and fought for the freedoms and liberties some y’all are so willing to dismiss and submit to.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    AC also knew that resisting tyranny does not mean losing one's decorum.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast