Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AR 15 pistol questions

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OP I think you should just stick to a 16” or longer rifle. This is seems like pretty tough stuff to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Am I the only mother****er who goes on the internet and doesn’t give a **** what’s legal and what isn’t when I am shooting a gun on my own land?

Just wondering.
    You’re not alone komrad

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’m so glad no one on this forum does 66 in a 65.
    I don't..... I do 70 in a 65......
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ATF came out in the last letter and said:

“With respect to stabilizing braces, ATF has concluded that attaching the brace to a handgun as a forearm brace does not ‘make’ a short-barreled firearm because … it is not intended to be and cannot comfortably be fired from the shoulder.” The letter continues: “Therefore, an NFA firearm has not necessarily been made when the device is not re-configured for use as a shoulder stock — even if the attached firearm happens to be fired from the shoulder.”

So fire from the shoulder, be good, be happy. Cross your state lines, and if ever they choose to reverse this again, don’t incriminate your self on the internet and just say that your going to follow the laws to the best of your ability.

Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Does anyone here know of anyone who has gotten flak for shooting a pistol AR from their shoulder at a public gun range?

I can't imagine how that would actually go down.

Does a range employee tap the shooter on the shoulder "Sir, you can't shoot that way. Please remove your arm brace from your shoulder or you will have to leave."

Serious question.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To the OP, I respect your opinions and your questions. Federally, it's up to you to mine the data and interpret it (if necessary). With that said, I believe you should pass up acquiring / assembling a pistol unless you can convince yourself that you'll never shoulder the weapon. Personally, I'm fine with how I "mount" an AR pistol, how and where I store it, and I minimize situations which might attract those who feel otherwise.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oh, do I remember my noobie days. Back than, posts got deleted. Back then, it was a god send covering up my idiocy.

As much as it makes me double take and shake my head a little bit, it wasn't but a few years ago when I thought "constructive intent" was a valid discussion around here.

Y'all set me straight, and are doing the same here.

Believe me Moon, I get it. I had a lotta reservations about staying within the lines. Face it with a healthy amount of skepticism, do a little reading and interpreting, and move on brotha.

I would say the majority of us have been in your same mindset before, but either you don't ever worry about it, you keep a healthy amount of caution and do your best with a shrug, or you dwell on every detail and lose 99% of the entertainment in the process.

Believe me when I say I would love to have option A mentality, I do fit into Option B. Shrug it off and move on.

The irony of many of the comments in this thread is not overseen.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 08-14-18 at 10:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    OP I think you should just stick to a 16” or longer rifle. This is seems like pretty tough stuff to figure out.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. I'm not offended either way. Making a decision is easy. Understanding the nuances of federal regulations that are subject to the whims of whoever is currently in charge is not.

Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    ATF came out in the last letter and said:

“With respect to stabilizing braces, ATF has concluded that attaching the brace to a handgun as a forearm brace does not ‘make’ a short-barreled firearm because … it is not intended to be and cannot comfortably be fired from the shoulder.” The letter continues: “Therefore, an NFA firearm has not necessarily been made when the device is not re-configured for use as a shoulder stock — even if the attached firearm happens to be fired from the shoulder.”

So fire from the shoulder, be good, be happy. Cross your state lines, and if ever they choose to reverse this again, don’t incriminate your self on the internet and just say that your going to follow the laws to the best of your ability.

Simple.
    I get it, and I appreciate the info. The analyst in me (or anal-ist as some might say) would focus on the word necessarily in the above letter. That little caveat allows them to say "but in your case..."

Whether or not I buy one remains to be seen. I haven't even fired one yet. I don't "intend" to circumvent any regulation and try to create a SBR out of an AR pistol. I just want to know what my options and limitations are.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    OP,

The reality is the Fed is not this omnipotent omnipresent entity and truth be told nobody really cares about this stuff other than turncoat internet commandos who get jollies off on diming out fellow gun owners.

Have you seen the 922r compliance folks? Omg the autism is strong. They’re just as bad as ham radio folks who scream compliance violation whilst brushing Cheeto dust off they’re chin before berating you over the net because your output signal on your HT is in excess of the lawful limit. And then threaten to call the FCC on you.

At any rate. Get a lower, put a SBA3 on it, and just don’t send vids directly to the ATF (or any LE entity) taunting them like a jackass.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Omg. 922r. Totally forgot about douchebags.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast