Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AR 15 pistol questions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    I am, for the first time, seriously considering swaping my 16" AR15 carbine for an 11.5" AR15 pistol, however I am still unsure of a couple of BATFE / NFA issues. I've tried finding definitive answers both here and on-line, but I'm still confused. I have read the initial "redesign" letter of 2012, and the revised clarification latter of 2017 (I believe this is the date), but if a letter can change the law, that doesn't give me much confidence in future clarification letters from future administrations.

While the future is always in flux, I want this project to be 200% legal today. Any doubt or gray area and I abort.

Specifically...

1) Can a person legally shoulder a brace-equipped AR15 pistol? Not incidental use, not accidental use, not once in a blue moon use, but whenever the mood strikes?

2) If yes to the above, are there specific braces that would allow this, and are there specific braces that would not allow this?

3) If no to the above, how is it that so many are so sure it's all good to go?

4) Can I place a 16" upper (taken off a carbine) onto a pistol lower?

5) If #4 is a yes, can I have my 11.5" AR15 pistol upper that I have removed from the pistol lower in the same house as a carbine lower if they remain un-attached (I know I cannot mount the pistol upper on the carbine lower without first obtaining all the NFA SBR paperwork).

1. As long as you did not build itbwith the intent and purpose to use it as an sbr, it is 100% legal to use however you like.

4. Yes

5. Yes. As long as you have a legal means of using the upper you are fine. You dont want to own a bunch of rifle lowers and short uppers and the only way to use them is on a rifle lower.

At the end of the day, if any of this is actually being investigated, you have bigger issues, like “why is the ATF here?”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    OP,

The reality is the Fed is not this omnipotent omnipresent entity and truth be told nobody really cares about this stuff other than turncoat internet commandos who get jollies off on diming out fellow gun owners.

Have you seen the 922r compliance folks? Omg the autism is strong. They’re just as bad as ham radio folks who scream compliance violation whilst brushing Cheeto dust off they’re chin before berating you over the net because your output signal on your HT is in excess of the lawful limit. And then threaten to call the FCC on you.

At any rate. Get a lower, put a SBA3 on it, and just don’t send vids directly to the ATF (or any LE entity) taunting them like a jackass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now that's funny. Here I am not only giving a rat about the BATF or whatever they call themselves now but, I was also once a pirate. Next I'll be exposed for loathing the .......

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-16-18 at 12:53.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Trolling lol
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-20-18 at 18:47.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

OP, you should totally build yourself a clandestine lab and some machine guns on your private property cuz I've heard some guys on the internet say if found the penalties are the same as a speeding ticket and you know muh freedom.

Just ask Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidians . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    OP, you should totally build yourself a clandestine lab and some machine guns on your private property cuz I've heard some guys on the internet say if found the penalties are the same as a speeding ticket and you know muh freedom.

Submit to the king like a good citizen.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    SHALL...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Submit to the king like a good citizen.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Despite what people on here say, local and state law enforcement can and sometimes will give you a hard time if they observe your shouldering a brace. They may be Fudds and ignorant, and you may not actually be “in trouble,” but you would still have to deal with he harassment. That’s reality. Spoke with an employee yesterday who was forced to leave a hunting area by a DNR officer last year.

Know your area. Consider your use of the weapon which has a brace mounted. If it is the weapon you would use in self-defense (carried in your car over state lines), be aware that you WILL receive extra scrutiny should you actually use it. But, a pistol with a short barrel that could be operated easily from within a vehicle (the reason for its having a brace that could be leveraged in tight and uncomfortable situations) is a practical and good thing. Don’t put videos on Instagram of your shouldering a brace while “training” and don’t do things that would cause any agency to be looking at you.

Feedback Score
    You are right about know your area ,if the deputies in my county saw me shooting my 12.5 6.8 pistol they would ask to shoot it and where could they get one but if the jerks in the next county over knew i had one in the truck they would pull me over and claim it to be a SBR even though the brace plainly says pistol brace .Of course I'd win at the cost of a lawyer and court Battle . When I'm going to that county I swap the 12.5 for a 16" . The only way the Feds will be talking to you is if the local or state asks them to if they are anti gun Leos they can always find an excuse to harass you . If your county is gun friendly no problems if not don't go asking for trouble by letting them watch you shoot it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Despite what people on here say, local and state law enforcement can and sometimes will give you a hard time if they observe your shouldering a brace. They may be Fudds and ignorant, and you may not actually be “in trouble,” but you would still have to deal with he harassment. That’s reality. Spoke with an employee yesterday who was forced to leave a hunting area by a DNR officer last year.

Know your area. Consider your use of the weapon which has a brace mounted. If it is the weapon you would use in self-defense (carried in your car over state lines), be aware that you WILL receive extra scrutiny should you actually use it. But, a pistol with a short barrel that could be operated easily from within a vehicle (the reason for its having a brace that could be leveraged in tight and uncomfortable situations) is a practical and good thing. Don’t put videos on Instagram of your shouldering a brace while “training” and don’t do things that would cause any agency to be looking at you.
    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

Is it hard going through life being a pu$$y?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast