Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: AR 15 pistol questions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter37 View Post
    Stalk him much?

You guys worry about way too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, he posted a thread, here on M4C about it and the title was of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    He’s moved past that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If that means he’s not moving, that’s good.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-18-18 at 11:33.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Buying a Fully Assembled Pistol, or even a Pistol Marked Fully Assembled Lower and transferred on the 4473 as a Pistol would be the safest course of action IMHO.
    Second safest is to purchase a stripped lower as an Other and keep a copy or picture of the 4473 & then first assemble it into a pistol by attaching a Pistol Brace & take a date marked picture and keep for evidence.

I have a poll for the third option of which I'm not sure & getting conflicting info due to the nasty hornets nest of various rulings and letters.
    Last edited by johnnywitt; 08-18-18 at 14:47.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Moonshot, I hope I was able to answer your questions. I won't pretend to be an expert on the law, but I've been shooting an AR pistol with an arm brace since they were first released. I've shot it in five different states. Currently, I'm working the bugs out of a second braced AR pistol in 22 LR. The AR pistol has accompanied to five different states. No one has ever given me any grief and I've shot it in the presence of law enforcement officers. Of course, they were gun-guys and were just interested in how well the pistol worked.

I started with the first arm brace.

When SB Tactical introduced the sleeker Galil model, it didn't take me long to switch

I added an SBA3 to the repertoire as soon as I could. With it's adjustable length, it better fits arms long or short.

The kids love shooting the brace equipped AR pistol. It's hands down their favorite.

I haven't found ownership of a brace equipped AR to be any more complicated than any other non-NFA firearm. Get a braced AR pistol and enjoy it.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-18-18 at 16:21.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt View Post
    Buying a Fully Assembled Pistol, or even a Pistol Marked Fully Assembled Lower and transferred on the 4473 as a Pistol would be the safest course of action IMHO.
    Second safest is to purchase a stripped lower as an Other and keep a copy or picture of the 4473 & then first assemble it into a pistol by attaching a Pistol Brace & take a date marked picture and keep for evidence.

I have a poll for the third option of which I'm not sure & getting conflicting info due to the nasty hornets nest of various rulings and letters.
    We have had this very same conversation, time and time again. The answer is, buy a pistol, or get just a lower, stripped or not. A pistol is to be listed as a handgun on the Form 4473 at the time of purchase. A lower is to be listed as other unless local regulations require otherwise. No matter how often we sort this out, people still make a special effort to confuse the issue all over again.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    I am, for the first time, seriously considering swaping my 16" AR15 carbine for an 11.5" AR15 pistol, however I am still unsure of a couple of BATFE / NFA issues. I've tried finding definitive answers both here and on-line, but I'm still confused. I have read the initial "redesign" letter of 2012, and the revised clarification latter of 2017 (I believe this is the date), but if a letter can change the law, that doesn't give me much confidence in future clarification letters from future administrations.

While the future is always in flux, I want this project to be 200% legal today. Any doubt or gray area and I abort.
    moonshot, you've got a PM inbound with some info about two different M4C members that have had BATFE agents pay them a house call. My apologies, I would have sent it to you sooner but I was away for the weekend for a end of summer blowout. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    Is this the kind of elevated commentary that you normally bring to the table?
    Permit me to answer your question with a question, are you a fluffer?

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    AC also knew that resisting tyranny does not mean losing one's decorum.
    Not only did he dodge my question (SOP with them) he then had to bring up AC in a thread they trolled. AC would have shut down the trolling quick fast and in a hurry and he never would of allowed the open discussion of violating NFA on a public forum.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Either get back on topic or I close this thread since it seems that AR pistol questions have all been answered.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Pistol marked lowers are a gimmick and mean absolutely nothing. They are done for those who have difficulty understanding the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’m so glad no one on this forum does 66 in a 65.
    Speeding is not a felony where one would be looking at 10 years in prison. Doing something is one thing, documenting it and bragging about it another.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567