Thread: "SeeAll" sites for pistol and long guns.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

"SeeAll" sites for pistol and long guns.

Anyone have experience with these? An interesting design, smaller, lighter, less $, no battery, to an RDS. Most reviews seem positive. The pistol version with tritium insert is what I'd be interested in trying personally:

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/seeal...-sight-review/

Note this review he found it more useful on a long gun that pistol for speed of target acquisition, but I'd think like an RDS, it takes time and training. Personally I was slower with the RDS on a pistol, and put that down to a need for time and training.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-13-18 at 10:06.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I have been tempted to try one of these many times. I'm concerned that the open design might make it somewhat fragile and prone to breakage of the rifle is dropped. I use a Meprolight M21 with triangle reticle and to my mind that's the better choice because it's an enclosed design and IIRC the Israeli military actually uses them (seen it in photos). I don't know if there are any differences between the IDF version and the civilian version: that's my only caveat.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Defeats the entire purpose of moving away from iron sights.

The benefit of RDS sights is the superimposition of the dot on the target; this allows the shooter to remain target/threat-focused.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I have been tempted to try one of these many times. I'm concerned that the open design might make it somewhat fragile and prone to breakage of the rifle is dropped. I use a Meprolight M21 with triangle reticle and to my mind that's the better choice because it's an enclosed design and IIRC the Israeli military actually uses them (seen it in photos). I don't know if there are any differences between the IDF version and the civilian version: that's my only caveat.
    I'd only be interested in the pistol version where space is at a premium. Long gun, happy to stick with my RDS.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've seen one briefly on a pistol. I did not see any advantage it would have over open sights and it actually struck me as slower if you are accustomed to open sights.

The person who had it was a relatively new shooter and he wound up ditching them and actually shooting better with his standard sights after he spent more time practicing.

I know that is just one data point, but that's all I got.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Defeats the entire purpose of moving away from iron sights.

The benefit of RDS sights is the superimposition of the dot on the target; this allows the shooter to remain target/threat-focused.
    This^^^

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Without a doubt-^^this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have one of the original ones... in the factory box... somewhere in my garage.
    I tried it on a defensive pistol, hated it. Tried it on a range toy 22 LR pistol, hated it. It’s harder to shoot with this sight on a pistol vs a RMR which was a lot easier. So I thought surely it would work great for a rifle, hated it. After about 4-5 guns I tried it on I couldn’t ever get used to it and never like it no matter how much I made myself use it. Yes they have a 100% money back guarantee but I was over the number of days when I decided it wasn’t for me.

Basically what I hate is you can’t see through the sight (yes I knew this when I bought it). I tried and tried to get over this point but it bothers me. Maybe it would be better on shotgun but I don’t know. To me it’s not for accuracy or longer ranges.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Seems a bit bulky for being glorified iron sights. These "might" work for someone with zero shooting experience but they appear to offer damn little over Irons and have nothing to compete with dot sights. The bulk reminds me of sights from the 90s

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've got one on a Browning Buckmark, it's neat and does what they say it does, but I prefer using irons sights, and in general don't like red dots to begin with.