Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What length handguards and why?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like mine to come up right behind the muzzle brake. To me, looks better, but if youve ever grabbed a smokin hot barrel by accident, you dont want to do it again.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    16in middy with 15in vtac mlok.
    The second pic is my airsoft liscnced copy of the Griffin Armament m4sd2 on my Griffin Armament muzzle brake.
    Third is my airsoft gbbr, it's a 12.5 with a 10.75(?) Liscnced urx 3.1

I was curious if it would fit and I like the look, I think I want to get a 30sd now.
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 08-15-18 at 16:40.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I prefer a free float that gets as close to the muzzle device as I can while still being able to mount my cans. I also don't own any non NFA AR's anymore, my last pinned pre stamp 14.5 had a 13 inch handguard.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I really only like a lot of length if I'm running a Bipod. 10 inch rails get me everything I need for light/sling mount on most guns. I do have a few long rails, but I could live with shorter.

Gone are the days where MarkM used to let people know they were gay if they couldn't get it done with plastic handguards.....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Gone are the days where MarkM used to let people know they were gay if they couldn't get it done with plastic handguards.....
    Sorry I'm new and would love context.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Hanes, Commando, Fruit of the Loom, Calvin Klein or Perry Ellis. Take your pick because it's many times personal preference or needs.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    7” on my 14.5” carbines and 12” on my 20” rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Hanes, Commando, Fruit of the Loom, Calvin Klein or Perry Ellis. Take your pick because it's many times personal preference or needs.
    IG listed all those, and I’m over hear a Under Armour guy, only goes to show that there is no right answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hanes long leg, seems to hold up so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post

Feedback Score
    I have a 16" barrel and have a 15" hand guard as the barrel is free-floated and the 15" hand guard gave me a longer sight radius for my iron sights. I only use the front end of the rail for attachments.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast