Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA UPPERS

Feedback Score

PSA UPPERS

Are the PSA complete uppers worth a look, what kind of luck has anyone have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oh gosh. This is one that coulda used the search function, good sir.

My 10.5" is Overgassed, as high hell. It get's slightly tamed with A5-H4, but, that's never ideal.

Prepare for this thread to meltdown, by the way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just got a 22lr and 300bo for range/fun guns. I’ll be taking out the 22lr this weekend and maybe the 300 if I can find ammo. $520 shipped for 2 uppers with rails, bcgs and ch’s is a pretty good bang for the buck for range toys.

Already have 2 bcm bfh lw uppers for zombies and the end of the world. Plan to get a bcm 300 (and a can) for zombies when we move to a free state.

On a side note: I’ve also used psa lpk’s and got lucky... the triggers are pretty decent when I compared them against a larue mbt trigger. (or I got a lemon mbt)

First impressions:
    300 - the staking for the gas key isn’t as pronounced as on a bcm. The lightweight front rail is nicely machined - the cutouts in it have been rounded so it doesn’t feel like a grater. Mine has a heavy profile barrel which I like.

22lr - gov profile barrel....would have preferred a heavy barrel. The front rail is not as nice as the on the 300. The cutouts have not been rounded. The rail is also thicker. I haven’t weighed the uppers but the 22lr feels heavier than the 300

I’ll update after shooting them.
    Last edited by tim808; 08-15-18 at 14:06.

Feedback Score
    I have a 9mm and a .308 upper that I have been satisfied with. However, the .308 LPK that came with the upper had the wrong receiver pin and bolt catch. PSA made it right very quickly with just an email.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure you can find multiple threads on this topic by using the search, but i'll add my quick experience for what it's worth. The quick answer: Yes, from my personal experience (sample size of 1), you can buy with confidence.

For reference, I have a Colt 6920, BCM, and DD, as well as multiple PSA guns. I shoot them all alot. I have a PSA 10" AR9, PSA 8" 300BLK, PSA 16" midlength 5.56, and a 18" PA-10. I bought them because the prices were right, and I’ve run them all hard. My 5.56 has been through two advanced rifle classes and has close to 9,000 rounds on it. I have a couple thousand rounds through the 9mm and just over 500 rounds through the PA-10. I have over 1,000 rounds through the 300BLK, and I have run all of these both suppressed and unsuppressed. All of them have come with properly staked gas keys and castle nuts and none of these guns have had a single issue (except a RRA 2-stage trigger wouldn’t work in the PA-10 lower, so I put in a Geissele SSA-E and that works great).

Anyway, in a nutshell: There are better guns out there for great prices (like the Colt Trooper for example), but all of my PSA guns have been accurate and work well with zero issues. I would feel confident purchasing an upper from them, and if in the off chance that you get a lemon, I’ve heard their customer service is good. I think most of the issues and crap guns from PSA were in the first few years when they were putting out the PTAC stuff with low QC, but it seems like they've improved a lot over the years.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I liked them when you could get FN CHF MG Steel barrels at killer deals, now not so much.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    I own 2; a mid length and carbine, both Nitride finish. They work for me.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I had one a really long time ago with the FN barrel, it was ok. Probably wouldn't buy one now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wdl002 View Post
    Are the PSA complete uppers worth a look, what kind of luck has anyone have?

Quality seems to balance both sides of the bell curve with PSA. I'm not sure I've seen any one company get as much negative feedback, and when issues arise, they have not been shown to be receptive to aiding their clients. However, there are a handful of people here who have had good luck, as well as the handful of people with serious complaints / issues.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    A low volume light weight recreational shooter for the wife...

PSA mid-length pencil upper $219.
    PSA premium NiB BCG $89.
    PSA blem lower $129.

She's got maybe 500rds of M193 through it. Appears properly gassed with brass ejecting at 3-3:30. Flawless operation so far. Beyond casual range use I couldn't tell ya... but PSA seemed like a good fit for the intended use.

Hers/His

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 08-15-18 at 21:15.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast