Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA UPPERS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought a .300 b/o upper from PSA (PSA 8.5" PL Nitride 300 AAC 1/7 2A M-Lok Upper) a few months ago as a test bed to see if I liked the cartridge. My intention was to run this part time suppressed. I had a new Colt BCG and charging handle laying around. The upper has run suppressed and unsuppressed without issue in roughly 300 rounds in conjunction with my Saker 7.62.

I used an Aero Precision lower with BCM receiver extension, H buffer, and action spring. Ammunition has been some supers and mostly subs. No issues and has eaten everything I've fed it. For $249 I have no complaints.

And yes, I labeled the hell out of this thing and my two mags so that I don't feed it or any other rifle the wrong ammo...........

Untitled by Helas_9, on Flickr
    Last edited by Slvr Surfr; 09-17-18 at 19:45. Reason: Add photo
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Upper is almost done. MLOK MOE handguards are on the way. I already got tired of having so many different mounting systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

PSA UPPERS

Still have to grab the sling off of my work gun, but it’s all done. I’m trying to minimize the rounds I put on my URG-I until I replace the SF4P with a WarComp so I’ll shoot this again on either Saturday or Sunday. Doesn’t look like we have the long distance range but if the grass isn’t too long, I might shoot a group of 68 grain BH and a few more groups of MEN to see if I can clean up the average spread a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 10-06-18 at 00:42.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I do have a PSA 5.56 10.5" upper it shoots well but a lot of recoil too. Just had a tube on it. I will be going to a H-2 buffer and a KAK brace so I can shoulder it and judge better. I have ordered a upper and lower 9 MM from them tracking says next Thursday to my FFL. It will be 10.5" too, SB3 brace ordered separately and the KAK brace will go on the 5.56. Hope they both work out.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've had a few over the years and the only one that remains is my wife's rifle. I assembled the stripped lower with a DD lpk and but a BCM bcg in it. She's a 500 round a year shooter so it's done well for her. Like every upper I've had from them, it's way over gassed. With a Springco blue and H3 buffer it will still cycle Wolf and lock the bolt back with no issues.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 10-07-18 at 00:38.

Feedback Score
    I have a PSA upper that I sorta use as a range toy. It has about 1500 rounds through it and I have not had any issues thus far.

I would not use a PSA upper on a HD gun but it is nice to have for the price I paid for it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markderp View Post
    I have a PSA upper that I sorta use as a range toy. It has about 1500 rounds through it and I have not had any issues thus far.

I would not use a PSA upper on a HD gun but it is nice to have for the price I paid for it.
    I also have a PSA barreled upper on a irons-only only carbine (16" FN button rifled chrome lined barrel) with at least that many rounds. I have a BCM middie that is set up with a RDS and light, but I would not hesitate to trust the PSA for HD after I fixed the gas drive and replaced the BCG. It has proven itself to be reliable. I did give up on the PSA BCG and am running a Toolcraft phosphate unit.

The BCM and PSA were both purchased as complete uppers with BCG. The PSA needed tweaking, the BCM has been a pleasure to own since day one.

I want to say the PSA barreled upper was around $150-200 cheaper at the time.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I also have a PSA barreled upper on a irons-only only carbine (16" FN button rifled chrome lined barrel) with at least that many rounds. I have a BCM middie that is set up with a RDS and light, but I would not hesitate to trust the PSA for HD after I fixed the gas drive and replaced the BCG. It has proven itself to be reliable. I did give up on the PSA BCG and am running a Toolcraft phosphate unit.

The BCM and PSA were both purchased as complete uppers with BCG. The PSA needed tweaking, the BCM has been a pleasure to own since day one.

Andy
    I'm sure the PSA would be fine if assembled correctly and proven reliable. I just have the "you get what you pay for" mindset and a number of other uppers to choose from.

What was wrong with your PSA carrier?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markderp View Post
    I'm sure the PSA would be fine if assembled correctly and proven reliable. I just have the "you get what you pay for" mindset and a number of other uppers to choose from.

What was wrong with your PSA carrier?
    You do have the right mindset - you get what you pay for. I may have saved a little money but I also had aggravation.

My PSA Premium carrier evidently had some rough spots inside, it went through gas rings every 500 rounds or so. Being generously gassed probably didn't help. PSA exchanged ithe BCG and I sold it without ever testing the new one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Andy
    It always cracks me up when someone says they endorse something after they've had to replace critical components.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast