Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another priest event. LE Q

Feedback Score
    It's the church covering for them unfortunately.

Here's a recent bust in Pennsylvania.

Over 300 'predator priests' in Pennsylvania accused of abuse in grand jury report.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...report-n900646

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    But where does it come from, because I never read that in the new testament (or old).
    Not trying to wade into a religious discussion, and I am not catholic, but been to a few weddings and funerals...

There aint no Bibles in a catholic church I have ever been to... There is a lot of odd things the Catholic church does that most Christian-type churches dont agree with.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Beware ANY church, co-opted by the lavender mafia...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I say nuke the Vatican and put a bounty on the rest, not really but it might send a positive message.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Not trying to wade into a religious discussion, and I am not catholic, but been to a few weddings and funerals...

There aint no Bibles in a catholic church I have ever been to... There is a lot of odd things the Catholic church does that most Christian-type churches dont agree with.
    Yes, it’s called organization. The penchant for uncontrolled franchising leads to quality control issues otherwise . This isn’t Ray’s Pizza...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well you haven’t spent much time in a Catholic Church, then my friend. Those books in front of you have bible verses in them that you can follow along with the readers. There’s a sign at the front that orients you to the page to start in for that Mass.

Plus, 17 centuries ago, not many people could read nor had the printing press been invented, so using an argument such as yours is not very factual.

And heresy was an enormous problem then and still is now, just ask FLDS or Adam Koresh.
    Last edited by Business_Casual; 08-16-18 at 08:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I don't see the analogy as it seems soon as the teacher is outed, they tend to lose their job and LE contacted. I'm not aware of endless examples of say principles knowing about it, then actively assisting them in continuing the behavior by hiding them and so forth. If there are, it's a tiny fraction of what we see in these pedophile priests and their superiors who actively aid and abet them.
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-foster-child/

It’s bigger than you think.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My understanding was that at one point in history Priests in general were second or third Sons who had little skill and were never in line to inherit anything. Going in to the clergy allowed them some sort of life.
    The occasional Priest would politicize his position and at that time since they were allowed to marry they would work themselves in to the families or the rich by marrying their daughters. Then due to the Laws of the time, the priest would de-facto inherit the families wealth if their wasn't a Male heir.
    Their were in fact Priests who moved up in rank in the Church who gathered more wealth and power than the Pope. This caused no end of chaos and political intrigue. They had to end the policy and so they became celibate.
    Some of these priests were so enamored with the idea they castrated themselves and hung the removed testis from the branches of trees. This is how we got the tradition of hanging decorations on Christmas trees.

Cliff Clayborn your favorite Postman.
    Last edited by Averageman; 08-20-18 at 14:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Well you haven’t spent much time in a Catholic Church, then my friend. Those books in front of you have bible verses in them that you can follow along with the readers. There’s a sign at the front that orients you to the page to start in for that Mass.

Plus, 17 centuries ago, not many people could read nor had the printing press been invented, so using an argument such as yours is not very factual.

And heresy was an enormous problem then and still is now, just ask FLDS or Adam Koresh.
    Less than 3 centuries ago, the Catholic church still had in place a law that made the Bible being translated to English illegal. People worshipped in groups. Only one person needed to be able to read. It was about control and always has been with the Catholic church. What do you think confession is for? It was for collecting information about everyone - knowledge is power. Priests have no power to cleanse you of your sins. Nowhere in the Bible is that even remotely mentioned. Why would it be required to tell him anything? It was between you and the MAN - no one else. Hailing Mary does nothing either. Nowhere in the Bible is that mentioned that it will. She was just a human too.

The Catholic church has always been a government, is run like one, and has been corrupted like one. I am absolutely positive there are many good and honest people in the organization that are true believers of Christianity, but it, as a whole, was founded on people control disguised as Christianity.

The Bible puts it's focus on the individual and their relationship with God. Not society. If individuals take care of that relationship, society falls into place by itself.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Religion is not something that should be debated here, obviously. I’ll leave it that we have a difference of opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12