Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primer Induced Jamb

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I had two almost back to back. I know one definitely ended up in the FCG but I was able to get out with a pick, I think the other was the same thing. I’d never even heard of it before so I was stumped when the trigger went dead. I think one was with freedom reman stuff while other was also CBC 62gr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Head-spacing may be the reason if you have popped primers using new factory ammo

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is there a superior way to crimp primers? I have seen two styles. Circular crimp vs staked. I personally have not had this problem of a popped primer. But I can see it happening and fully understand the implications!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Is there a superior way to crimp primers? I have seen two styles. Circular crimp vs staked. I personally have not had this problem of a popped primer. But I can see it happening and fully understand the implications!
    Those quad staked LC casings from a few years back were stout. They required a bit more pressure to decap after firing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Those quad staked LC casings from a few years back were stout. They required a bit more pressure to decap after firing.
    Agreed.

I’ve popped several over the years. Usually suppressed guns, especially Carbine length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Had a 5.56 SPR type gun lock bolt back with rds. still in mag last week.
    Could NOT drop bolt, so brought it home to diagnose.
    Finally dropped bolt by mortaring on muzzle.
    Opened gun up and found an effing primer in works.
    Ammo was IMI 77 gr Razor Core, which to my knowledge HAS staked primers.

New one for me.
    Isn't that IMI notoriously hotter than a half fkd fox in a forest fire? I have a rubber mallet in my truck to beat the snot out of the CH borsch matters, then it gets worse if that fails. We have had our fair share. We blew a 300WM primer the other day, when I launched the bullet, the round felt super hot and sure as shit, I dumped the round and out came the primer. We couldn't figure out why that round was so hot, just lucky it was a bolt gun. Glad you got yours out without jackhammering and damaging the weapon.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    TOS had a couple threads a year or 2 ago with many folks having IMI Razor Core 77gr blown primers. They were tracking lot #.

Maybe contact IWI with the lot #? I’m not sure with only 1....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    TOS had a couple threads a year or 2 ago with many folks having IMI Razor Core 77gr blown primers. They were tracking lot #.

Maybe contact IWI with the lot #? I’m not sure with only 1....
    That was lot 229/F ... I just this week started into a case of 229/F ... 20 rounds in, no problems yet (lol) thru the BCM SAM-R SS410 SPRish barrel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12