Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCM SBR blowing primers

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

BCM SBR blowing primers

I have a 11.5" BCM with a Saker suppressor, and I have been having issues with it blowing primers. I have been using mostly Magtech M193, and Wolf Gold. It has only blown the primers of the Magtech ammo around 4-5 out of 500. I contacted them, they tested my ammo and had no issues. They are even sending me new rounds, which is awesome.

I have an LMT enhanced carrier and an A5 A5H4 buffer with Springco green spring. It has shot reliable with Wolf Gold, so that is why I was thinking it was an ammo problem.

So, what could be the issue here?
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Does it only do it with the suppressor?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Does it only do it with the suppressor?

Yes. I think I may have had one without it as well, but mostly suppressed. I also had one failure to eject/ blown primer.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

- cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am no expert, but I did have a ar10 blowing primers only suppressed, and it was due to being overgassed and unlocking the bolt too early. With your setup it seems less likely to be that though.

Last edited by jesuvuah; 08-17-18 at 17:53.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Overgassing can contribute to blown primers.
    Last edited by Clint; 08-17-18 at 18:02.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We've never had that type of issue with any of the 11.5 BCM barrels we've run. It may be a combo of the ammo and some other factor. It'd be interesting to run that ammo in another suppressed sbr.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I would look at some different ammunition options to test out before I would make a change to the base gun. Making changes based on some economy plinking ammunition may not put you in good place if your usage may require something else later.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I've fired a few, maybe around 100 or so, 62gr TBBC from Federal without issue. I have a mix of different .223 and 5.56 I can test it out with too. This will have to wait 4 months until I'm on leave though.

- cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have shot thousands of rounds of Magtech ammo without issue. Most recently in some testing we did with our 11.5" and Silencerco Saker suppressor. No blown primers or other signs of overpressure.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast