Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATACR 1-8 mount?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

ATACR 1-8 mount?

This thing seems to have a big ass, and not much up front. I'd like to mount it with the ocular right above the tang of the reciever where the CH abuts, or so, without shoving the mount so far forward or over the rail any further than I have to, for the sake of weight distribution.

I'd like non QD, 1/2 nut, preferably slotted.

Pics of what you all are doing?
    Last edited by WS6; 08-18-18 at 03:59.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Regular Geissele mount.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    For the way I mainly use a LPVS, I prefer the Geiselle 1.930” high mount, but I also use a scope that is 4 ounces lighter. Between the new Scalarworks, Sphur, Badger, Nightforce Unimount, and KAC mounts, which are all IMHO fine mounts, given the choice, I personally still prefer the Geiselle scope mounts. I have complete confidence that if your scope’s O.D. is within spec and torqued down correctly the Geiselle mount will hold it solid and keep it from moving. If I thought any of the above mounts were better for my needs, I would ditch the G mount in a heartbeat. Below are a few Vid reviews and info on the G mount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH-1YkVSmB8&t=20s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvftSqBxac
    Last edited by Biggy; 08-18-18 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WTB:
    Wilcox JPoint mount for Nightforce Recon (P/N 30500G01)
    Wilcox EOTech riser kit in TAN

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not ATACR, but similar layout in a geissele extended.
    IMG_20180818_095620595.jpg

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Not ATACR, but similar layout in a geissele extended.
    IMG_20180818_095620595.jpg
    Unfortunately nothing is similar between the nx8 and atacr aside from the color and letters on the turret caps. Atacr is absurd. It's a 10" scope in a 15" body. Very annoying honestly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Eye relief is similar, I've mounted this more forward than my other setups, usually I have the rear of the ocular even with the charging handle. The sopmod mount is in between the standard mount like 17X's and my extended, not sure if it's available in 34mm. I have zero range time on this and may move it back.A
    Last edited by LMT/556; 08-18-18 at 20:20.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Eye relief is similar, I've mounted this more forward than my other setups, usually I have the rear of the ocular even with the charging handle. The sopmod mount is in between the standard mount like 17X's and my extended, not sure if it's available in 34mm. I have zero range time on this and may move it back.A
    I dunno if the hyper extended will even work. I'm not a fan of how geissele does it. I'm considering the leupold mk6 isms or the vortex seekins. I think it's not a good idea to have the mount riding a dozen slots . Too much twist and harmonics since it's not bolted down all the way. If g floasted the arm it would be g2g.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Honestly I'm not sure you can buy a better mount than geissele. If you look at 17X's pic, it looks like that setup might benefit from an extended mount to push it forward just a little more. Another thing is the zero can't, I saw this posted elsewhere, but looking through the NX8 I noticed if you tilt the scope it magnifies slightly vs looking straight through, i.e. canted mounts might distort 1X for both eyes open.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Honestly I'm not sure you can buy a better mount than geissele. If you look at 17X's pic, it looks like that setup might benefit from an extended mount to push it forward just a little more. Another thing is the zero can't, I saw this posted elsewhere, but looking through the NX8 I noticed if you tilt the scope it magnifies slightly vs looking straight through, i.e. canted mounts might distort 1X for both eyes open.
    The NX8 has some more testing and modification to deal with some issues, imo.
    My issue with the G mount is that if its touching the rail, it's going to have off axis contact without a 100% true rail, and resonance between that large cantelever and the rail will also be a thing. I want a mount that only touches the upper receiver. Not the rail. If the Seekins Vortex had 1/2 nuts it would be perfect. As is, I think the MK8 ISMS Leupold mount might best fit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast