Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATACR 1-8 mount?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Unfortunately nothing is similar between the nx8 and atacr aside from the color and letters on the turret caps. Atacr is absurd. It's a 10" scope in a 15" body. Very annoying honestly.
    Shorter scopes have faster focal ratios and more distortion of the image at the edges of the field of view. The longer you can make the focal ratio, the easier it is to get a flat distortion free field of view over the magnification range. The ATACR has superior optical performance compared to the NX8, mostly due to the appochromatic glass and the longer focal ratio giving a nice flat, sharp field of view compared to the NX8. So there is a very valid reason the ATACR is longer than the NX8.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I went with the Spuhr QD option.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 09-29-18 at 12:26.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’m currently running both my NX8 and my ATACR in Geiselle mounts. I really like them and they are hell bent for strong, and the RTZ has been incredible. My ATACR goes from my 5.56 to my .308. All I do is make my pre noted adjustments, and it’s always PERFECT. I have my 2.5-10 in a NF Unimount. Very pleased with it as well. Much more affordable, and very solid as well. It MIGHT, and I’m not positive, but might not be as good for a LPV 1-8, 1-6, due to it being a 20moa can’t. I know this can make LPV’s look funny because it makes them not truly flat on your eye. Never tried it due to having the Geiselle.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    I’m currently running both my NX8 and my ATACR in Geiselle mounts. I really like them and they are hell bent for strong, and the RTZ has been incredible. My ATACR goes from my 5.56 to my .308. All I do is make my pre noted adjustments, and it’s always PERFECT. I have my 2.5-10 in a NF Unimount. Very pleased with it as well. Much more affordable, and very solid as well. It MIGHT, and I’m not positive, but might not be as good for a LPV 1-8, 1-6, due to it being a 20moa can’t. I know this can make LPV’s look funny because it makes them not truly flat on your eye. Never tried it due to having the Geiselle.
    The cant could throw off the perceived profile, but unless you're super switched-on I doubt anyone would notice let alone care. You're GTG, brother. I do like the Geissele mounts though. Very slick, and it earns extra cool points for aesthetics and perceived no-BS ruggedness. I can see why Garand Thumb fans would slap their momma for one. I like what Spuhr offers, albeit I hate paying for them. But I do prefer them, and for that reason alone I suppose the purchases are justified. The adjustable QDP fits the 1-8x ATACR beautifully, looks almost like a single unit. My 35mm Spuhr houses the new Leupold Mark 5hd MPVO. Another example of beautifully paired components. Regardless, we keep good company, my friend.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    The cant could throw off the perceived profile, but unless you're super switched-on I doubt anyone would notice let alone care. You're GTG, brother. I do like the Geissele mounts though. Very slick, and it earns extra cool points for aesthetics and perceived no-BS ruggedness. I can see why Garand Thumb fans would slap their momma for one. I like what Spuhr offers, albeit I hate paying for them. But I do prefer them, and for that reason alone I suppose the purchases are justified. The adjustable QDP fits the 1-8x ATACR beautifully, looks almost like a single unit. My 35mm Spuhr houses the new Leupold Mark 5hd MPVO. Another example of beautifully paired components. Regardless, we keep good company, my friend.
    It actually will cause distortion, per Nightforce. Flat is best.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    It actually will cause distortion, per Nightforce. Flat is best.
    NF told me the ATACR is fine in a 20 moa mount. Only the NX8 is recommended to be used in a 0 moa mount.

It's very easy to compare. A 20 moa mount requires you to dial POI down approximately 5.8 mils. On my ATACR I cannot tell any difference whatsoever when I do this. The image stays exactly the same at 1x magnification.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    NF told me the ATACR is fine in a 20 moa mount. Only the NX8 is recommended to be used in a 0 moa mount.

It's very easy to compare. A 20 moa mount requires you to dial POI down approximately 5.8 mils. On my ATACR I cannot tell any difference whatsoever when I do this. The image stays exactly the same at 1x magnification.
    I was told it does it on any FFP optic, but some more than others. I am sure it does it on the ATACR, it's just academic in nature instead of noticeable.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I was told it does it on any FFP optic, but some more than others. I am sure it does it on the ATACR, it's just academic in nature instead of noticeable.
    Well, the atacr does have a big booty. All that glass counts for something.

I should probably trade my atacr 1-8 in for another 4-16x42. It spends 90% of the time on 8x, and the rest on 3-4x.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'd like to also add that Spuhr has a taller 34mm mount (1.89" or something) while everyone else has the standard 1.54".

I've submitted feedback to Geissele for a taller 34mm mount in the 1.93/2.04 flavor so hopefully that is happening soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123