Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading subsonic 9 mm 147 gr ... recommendations?

Feedback Score

Reloading subsonic 9 mm 147 gr ... recommendations?

I have a few suppressors coming next month.

I have a Dillon 550B that I was going to set up for competition shooting but the cost of subsonic ammo is a lot more expensive than factory ammo.

Therefore I want to concentrate on subsonic loads.

What do you recommend for pistol loads for subsonic 9 mm ammo?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Factory subsonics are readily available. Ae9fp and lawmen 147 grain (all 147 and heavier) are subsonic and can be found for $190+$16 shipping. It goes on sale a little cheaper regularly.

I prefer 115 grain loads for competition and shoot them suppressed unless Im introducing someone to silenced shooting. Its not any louder to me, just not as “impressive” due to the crack. Ymmv.

If I was going to reload, Id look at barry’s bullets, cant comment on loads though. Good luck if you decide to do it, and let us know what you come up with.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I use 3.5 gr WSF under 147 gr plated bullets (Berry’s or HSM) in mixed brass with either Federal or CCI small pistol primers. Off the top of my head, I’m getting just over 900 FPS out of my VP9. I shoot this pistol in competition and prefer the slower recoil impulse (as I perceive, anyway) of the subsonic loads.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is lots of load data for 147's. A very popular load uses Vihta N340 at around 3.8-3.9 gr with whatever flavor of jacketed 147 gr bullet you like. I have run a bunch of this through my Glock 34 and is clean, soft shooting, and quiet. It is also extremely popular with the subgun/suppressor crowd.

I think Vihta powders are generally too expensive except for pistol stuff - you use alot less powder, and they are so clean and consistent.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    147 Hi-Tek coated bullet powered by 3.2 - 3.4 grains of VV N320.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3.8gr WSF under HiTek coated SNS 147 NLG FP

James

Feedback Score
    I load CFE Pistol under 147 grain Xtreme bullets. Using Hodgdon's data, I get an average velocity of 917 fps out of a Glock 19 and 1000fps out of a 5.5 inch AR9. If you want something a little faster but still subsonic, try BE-86 under a 147 grain Xtreme. I get just over 1000 fps with the Glock and 1080 with the AR9. I used the load data from Hornady to get my results as the alliant data was pushing the 147's supersonic on the low end of their data.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingkong251 View Post
    I load CFE Pistol under 147 grain Xtreme bullets. Using Hodgdon's data, I get an average velocity of 917 fps out of a Glock 19 and 1000fps out of a 5.5 inch AR9. If you want something a little faster but still subsonic, try BE-86 under a 147 grain Xtreme. I get just over 1000 fps with the Glock and 1080 with the AR9. I used the load data from Hornady to get my results as the alliant data was pushing the 147's supersonic on the low end of their data.

I'm liking BE86 a lot. Do you find it any dirtier than others when suppressed? It's a flash suppressed powder. Running unsuppressed I wouldn't call it "dirty" with a lot of thick residue but the muzzle gets black quick. Not an issue unsuppressed at all but was curious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    I'm liking BE86 a lot. Do you find it any dirtier than others when suppressed? It's a flash suppressed powder. Running unsuppressed I wouldn't call it "dirty" with a lot of thick residue but the muzzle gets black quick. Not an issue unsuppressed at all but was curious.
    I'm relatively new to suppressors since I just got my first one this year but considering it's mounted on a blowback 9mm, I don't feel BE-86 is overly dirty. It definitely gets dirty faster than it does unsuppressed but I'm able to wipe most of the residue off pretty easily. It more or less coats the internals instead of "caking" on the gun.

Feedback Score
    I used Zero 1474gr JHP's. They're quality bullets that have a rebated base (step). Therefore, you don't have to bell the cases to seat the bullets. You then don't need to taper crimp to remove the bell.
    http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchant...y_Code=ZBJ-9MM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast