Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I just bought a LMT MWS 6.5 CM barrel

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I just bought a LMT MWS 6.5 CM barrel

Im taking this this bad boy out and see how it shoots. The fit and finish is Noveske-ish.. Which normally LMT and Colt..are not know for their aesthetics, but it is a beauty. Its a SS 20 inch variety. My CL 16 barrel shoots sub Moa so I expect this will do the same. I think for shits and giggles I will take my box of American Gunner 140 grain ammo and try to pop the 1,300 target with my first round or at least mag.

My question is for you guys that have super apps, what do you think the DOPE in mils will be. The ammo list 2690fps so Im guessing about 2,500fps out of my LMT, just my guess , if anyone knows better , please advise. Elevation is 1,250 and should be about 85 degrees.

Ill give complete range report on new barrel and will figure out my own DOPE, just thought it would be fun to attempt a first round hit. Mark has loaded some ammo to do a ladder test so hopefully we can figure out a good load without too much of an ass whipping. We are going to dump about 20 rounds to season the barrel before the ladder test, not sure if that matters, but its the plan. And will be fun so let it fly!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here you go:

Last edited by Vegas; 08-18-18 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Vegas, your the man. Ill let you now how many attempts to get on steel.

Many thanks

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My pleasure. May the winds be favorable!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice,

I also picked up a 6.5CM barrel the last time i was in the country and for the limited amount of rounds I put through it, I was impressed, shot 140gr American gunner into a 4 shot clover leaf with one flyer right right after zero, shots 5 though 10.

Cant wait to load some ammo for it and see how much i can get out of it

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My only beef is the gas guns are ROUGH on brass.

The Starline holds up better than the Hornady IME. The thicker case web/less capicity requires about .3 gr. less powder for same velocity- using RL16.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Good friend had a near case separation with Hornady brass after 3 firings on his 6.5 bolt gun. In contrast, my 7mm RM with 6 firings, some kinda hot, with no issues thus far and look almost new.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Been thinking about one of those. Are you going to shoot it w/ a suppresor?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Im taking this this bad boy out and see how it shoots. The fit and finish is Noveske-ish.. Which normally LMT and Colt..are not know for their aesthetics, but it is a beauty. Its a SS 20 inch variety. My CL 16 barrel shoots sub Moa so I expect this will do the same. I think for shits and giggles I will take my box of American Gunner 140 grain ammo and try to pop the 1,300 target with my first round or at least mag.

My question is for you guys that have super apps, what do you think the DOPE in mils will be. The ammo list 2690fps so Im guessing about 2,500fps out of my LMT, just my guess , if anyone knows better , please advise. Elevation is 1,250 and should be about 85 degrees.

Ill give complete range report on new barrel and will figure out my own DOPE, just thought it would be fun to attempt a first round hit. Mark has loaded some ammo to do a ladder test so hopefully we can figure out a good load without too much of an ass whipping. We are going to dump about 20 rounds to season the barrel before the ladder test, not sure if that matters, but its the plan. And will be fun so let it fly!

PB
    Don't start leading me down this path. I'm still getting the 308 sorted.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    Been thinking about one of those. Are you going to shoot it w/ a suppresor?
    Sorry, I missed this, yes I run a suppressors.

PB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast