Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just bought a LMT MWS 6.5 CM barrel

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I did a bit of a write up in our thread about reloading. But let me say the barrel is a laser. We did a ladder test and everything shot 3 round sub-moa groups, and several were half minute groups. Only three rounds but the consistency was crazy. And several we're two shots in one hole and one beside it. Im sure when we get a load it will be a half minute to 1/3 min gun.

I am very excited about this barrel.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-20-18 at 20:17.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    At some point, the 6.5CM barrel is a direction I want to head with my MWS. Still trying to reload .308 right now. Once that is complete and satisfied, I will move to 6.5.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We finished up the ladder test. Again every 3 round group held at least MOA, with several in the .5 MOA range. My only disappointment is I'm having a fair amount of failure to feed. Once we get our load done I'll find out if it's just the American Gunner 140 grain ammo or all ammo.

Even though I am not LE nor plan to hunt, I can't tolerate reliability issues. Next week, I will run without can and see if that is the source of my problem. Still I want to be able to run it suppressed.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I understand reliability being required. If I buy a piece of gear and its unreliable, I almost feel like my money has been stolen.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I understand reliability being required. If I buy a piece of gear and its unreliable, I almost feel like my money has been stolen.
    Copy that, I have some tricks of the trade I might try. If successful, I'll pass them on. Reliability is #1 in my book.

PB

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Sure, first rule; it's gotta go "bang".

What's your gut say PB; cartridge OAL/bullet profile, BCG/extractor, buffer weight?
    I had feed issues with my 6.5 gas gun and it was buffer. Went with a KAK Heavy Buffer (or something) and it's been ON.
    Last edited by gaijin; 09-01-18 at 09:52.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Sure, first rule; it's gotta go "bang".

What's your gut say PB; cartridge OAL/bullet profile, BCG/extractor, buffer weight?
    I had feed issues with my 6.5 gas gun and it was buffer. Went with a KAK Heavy Buffer (or something) and it's been ON.
    Good idea. We may just try a beefier buffer. PB got word that the 6.5s can just be fussy with the suppressor... but Pappa is all about the can. Ejection seems milder than the .308 barrel, but there's definitely room to try a heavier buffer. Thanks!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My gut says I have work to do. This long pointy high BC bullet is just less forgiving than our 175 SMK’s.

Gunna try various thangs. I have no idea as I think I already have Clint’s heavy buffer.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I took out the 6.5 today and tried shooting it without a can, it ran like a top with Am gunner 140 BTHP. I then put the can on and shot 20 rounds of Match Hornady 143 ELD X bullets and they ran perfect. I was very encouraged because I have a 500 of such bullets. Maybe the tip makes the difference?? I hope so.

PB

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Glad it's coming together.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast